Headstage Arrow HE: Reviews, Impressions, Perceptions & Sensations
Aug 9, 2011 at 12:27 AM Post #2,131 of 4,123
Something I'm wondering,,,, What the HELL happened to the DAC stick?

Aug 9, 2011 at 3:58 AM Post #2,133 of 4,123
Quote:
Something I'm wondering,,,, What the HELL happened to the DAC stick?

For that matter, what happened to the USB DAC cable? I ordered mine last August, he never sent me mine with my Arrow... Promised he would send me the updated version once it was finalized, but that was back in December... Guess I'll just have to keep waiting =)

Aug 9, 2011 at 4:16 AM Post #2,134 of 4,123
http://www.headstage.com/Accessory/USB-DAC-Cable-with-35mm-Mini-Plug-75cm-30::10134.html?XTCsid=47fb3655eff452c001aef666c224de39

Aug 10, 2011 at 12:02 AM Post #2,138 of 4,123
I also got an email a week ago regarding the USB DAC cable that is ready to ship. He asked me if my address was still the same so that he could send it to the same address. My Arrow 3G is for replacement, because it does not charge anymore and heats up. Now it doesn't turn on. Might be a long while before I get any those back, but I'm prepared to wait.

Aug 10, 2011 at 7:42 PM Post #2,140 of 4,123
I ordered the 3G in October of 2010.  Got it the first week of January 2011.  I knew it was going to be that long of a wait (per the queue #) so I wasn't caught off guard by the wait.. and the wait was definitely worth it.  Despite paying for the DAC cable to be bundled with the 3G, I didn't get it in the shipment.  Rob mentioned he was revising it when I alerted him to the fact it was missing.  Three months later, I inquired about it again as well as possibly upgrading to the 4G.. he said he can send me the old DAC cable right away or wait to send the new version with the 4G if I decided to upgrade.. didn't make much sense since I was under the assumption the old DAC cable wasn't available/being revised.  No biggie though, I said I'd like to have the new one shipped with the 4G.  Eventually, I decided not to upgrade to the 4G (yet) but never let Rob know.  Fast forward to a few weeks ago.. I get an email from Rob, out of the blue.. mentioning that that the new DAC cable is done.. he remembered that I had ordered the DAC cable back in October 2010 with my 3G and asked if I wanted a refund or the new DAC cable to be shipped to me (and apologizing for the delay).  I requested the new DAC cable so hopefully I'll be receiving it along with everyone else.

Aug 11, 2011 at 5:48 PM Post #2,141 of 4,123
Personally...

I think it is more ethical to deliver on the promise of a great amp than to rush a bad amp to market.   Let him do R&D, go to China for QC and then deliver a great amp.   

I do not mind that he charged all up-front, he may not have the resources or business accumen to use a deposit and then post production billing system.   I knew what I was getting into when I ordered.  To imply his process has bad ethics shows intolerance.  I picture the fact that he sweats over every detail is what is causing the wait.  

If he were not a boutique item dealer and a conglomerate like Sony he would not last, but the fact is even in fairly crowded market people are waiting patiently for his amps.

If for some reason you do not like his amp, my guess is you can do better than return it.   There will be plenty that will pay a premium to get a 4g and without a wait (I shoulda ordered 3).

I ordered 6/6/2011 and just keep lugging my d4 around until the 4g is here.

Aug 15, 2011 at 4:22 AM Post #2,144 of 4,123

Quote:
man i swear this is the slowest moving forum. always takes days to get responses

you picked a bad time to ask, it's the weekend and now people are resting up for work in the morning. Now, to answer your question, no. I don't believe anyone has received it yet, I haven't at least. I'm pretty sure it was a courtesy email from Rob to notify everyone that it will be shipping in the near future. So here's to hoping that it'll come sooner than later

Aug 15, 2011 at 4:23 AM Post #2,145 of 4,123
People are awaiting the 4g Arrow's, give it some time, I'm waiting on impressions against the UHA-4 myself....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back