Headstage Arrow HE: Reviews, Impressions, Perceptions & Sensations
Aug 8, 2011 at 5:49 PM Post #2,116 of 4,123

Quote:
the updates really dont seem that much different.

If you think an improved tonal balance isn't much of a difference then that's your prerogative.

Aug 8, 2011 at 9:36 PM Post #2,119 of 4,123
i havent ordered. I wont until people start receiving 4g's then i know the wait wont be more then 2-3 months.

I tried to contact him multiple times. Telling him i wont be a customer unless you can tell me some kinda update on the progress and he ignored me.

Aug 8, 2011 at 9:50 PM Post #2,120 of 4,123

Quote:
i havent ordered. I wont until people start receiving 4g's then i know the wait wont be more then 2-3 months.

I tried to contact him multiple times. Telling him i wont be a customer unless you can tell me some kinda update on the progress and he ignored me.

your behavior and what you're getting from Rob in terms of updates isn't anything new. A lot of this thread is people complaining, so just get in line or stop complaining about this. We all know Rob has been a bit off in terms of responding to emails so just chill and play the waiting game. The ethical thing to do for you is not always the ethical thing for someone else. I didn't mind that Rob charged me right when i placed an order for the 3g. I knew exactly what i was getting into and it's not like he's hiding the fact that it could take longer than usual to finish. I paid him, forgot about it, and let myself wait patiently for the amp. You should do the same because at this point you're just complaining for an amp that we ALL know has been notorious for taking a long time. You're not adding anything to this discussion by complaining about communication, it has all been heard before. If you don't like the waiting or the communication you're having with Rob, then take your money and buy a different portable amp, it's the most obvious thing to do if you don't like dealing with Rob. And ethics? Are you really trying to put in what's ethical here? Maybe you're unethical for not knowing that the wait is going to be like this. Maybe you're the one who doesn't quite get it in terms of how long you have to wait and that he charges you right away. But then again ethics is not objective, it's subjective. What i think is wrong is not the same as what you think is wrong. We may have similar grounds for what being ethical is such as not killing another human being, but we obviously differ on other things such as this. Ethics is subjective as David Hume suggested over 200 years ago. So either play the waiting game like almost everyone else has or take your business somewhere else. 

Aug 8, 2011 at 10:12 PM Post #2,121 of 4,123

Quote:

x2.  There's even a dedicated bitch moan thread.  David Hume on head-fi.  Never saw that one coming.  
tongue_smile.gif

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/461344/oh-where-oh-where-has-my-slim-arrow-gone-oh-where-oh-where-can-it-be

Aug 8, 2011 at 10:19 PM Post #2,122 of 4,123
If you order you will get your amp, when you will get it is another story...
I ordered mine and it took TWO WEEKS from order to arrival.
BTW I might need someone's help ordering a new one, I don't think he'll sell another to me....

Aug 8, 2011 at 10:21 PM Post #2,123 of 4,123
He should be taking 10% down to reserve you a spot in line then requesting full payment or u lose the deposit, couple weeks before it ships. That is how an honest and ethical business is ran. Thats just a fact period not an opinion a fact. i know im right. Guess people that paid early will go to any length to defend the business practices of this guy no matter how wrong they are.

Aug 8, 2011 at 10:52 PM Post #2,124 of 4,123
To be honest I sorta trashed the arrow in a review (I can't help it if the Leckerton UHA-4 is better) and it resulted in cancelled orders and people sending arrows in for refunds and stuff, he might be tweaking the new arrow to take on the Leckerton (that's why I want a 4g so bad) I like the Arrow but I'm not a BIG fan. I AM a H U G E triad audio fan, I sent them $500 in May and they are just shipping the amps (the L3) NOW so get used to waiting my friend, it is the name of the game.

Aug 8, 2011 at 10:54 PM Post #2,125 of 4,123

Quote:
He should be taking 10% down to reserve you a spot in line then requesting full payment or u lose the deposit, couple weeks before it ships. That is how an honest and ethical business is ran. Thats just a fact period not an opinion a fact. i know im right. Guess people that paid early will go to any length to defend the business practices of this guy no matter how wrong they are.

it's not a fact, and your moaning again.......it seems we both have different mentalities when it comes to this. I think it's completely ok for him to take my money and work on my amp for 3-6 months while you think that he should be having ready products when he puts it up on his website. It's PREORDER! If you're gonna moan about this anymore, i think you're just pissing the vast majority of us off because you're expressing an OPINION, not fact! Anaxilus and I have both experienced this wait and we've read this thread long enough to know that people get really pissy over this for no good reason. The information is all there, if you choose to bitch and moan about it still, that's just your fault. And what did i say about bringing in the ethical feature in this. Ethics in this instance is subjective not objective. You can't take on a Kant way of thinking because this is subjective! There's no objectivity here because we both have different backgrounds from knowledge about this kind of business. I researched thoroughly about this amp before i bought it so i knew what i was getting into. I'm completely glad I bought it because it's amazing. You on the other hand haven't bought it, and it appears that you're going to complain here until he gets it down to under two weeks for delivery. Funny thing about that, shipping alone usually takes 2 weeks. My suggestion to you, go buy a different amp. This amp obviously isn't for you since you're not a patient person.

Excuse my rudeness if it appears I'm coming off like that, you have no idea how many people moan and bitch about this amp. You don't seem like the exception so you're including in the people that need to get a better grasp over what investing your money means. 

Aug 8, 2011 at 11:27 PM Post #2,126 of 4,123
so why cant he take 10% down to reserve a spot then when its ready to ship u pay the 90% or lose your deposit. That way its fair for both people if you screw him and back out he makes a free 10% and the people get thier place in line for a fair price. He's incredibly greedy to take 100% down for a pre order. Should be a non returnable 10% deposit.

I know you wont admit it cause you can't. But what i just described is about 1000x better way for a business to run a pre order. Any properly educated person can see that the way i described a pre sale to be run is miles better than how this guy does it. Maybe he should hire someone with a business degree to help him out.

Aug 8, 2011 at 11:42 PM Post #2,127 of 4,123
Another alternative is to make the pre-order price discounted if you want 100% up front. Take $250 instead of $300 in advance for example, that would make it more worth the wait. When they are readily available they could be full price.

Aug 8, 2011 at 11:45 PM Post #2,128 of 4,123

Quote:
so why cant he take 10% down to reserve a spot then when its ready to ship u pay the 90% or lose your deposit. That way its fair for both people if you screw him and back out he makes a free 10% and the people get thier place in line for a fair price. He's incredibly greedy to take 100% down for a pre order. Should be a non returnable 10% deposit.

I know you wont admit it cause you can't. But what i just described is about 1000x better way for a business to run a pre order. Any properly educated person can see that the way i described a pre sale to be run is miles better than how this guy does it. Maybe he should hire someone with a business degree to help him out.

like i said, we both have different ways of looking at this. How Rob wants to do business is up to him. He can do it however he wants since it's his company. If he starts losing customers because of how he's doing business right now, then so be it. He knows what he's doing and he's completely knowledgeable about the current situation of people who have preordered the 4g. And btw, you put 100% down, and if you back out, you email him and he just refunds you all your money. He doesn't care for keeping 10%, if you read back at least 10 pages, you'll see someone actually did that. And he started regretting it afterwards because when everyone gets their 4g, he'll be tempted to get one again. You can complain all you want, it's not going to change anything, especially complaining here isn't going to change anything. Like i said, don't buy this amp, go for something else. You neither have the point of view that most people do when they purchase this, nor do you have the patience for this amp

Users who are viewing this thread

Back