Headstage Arrow HE: Reviews, Impressions, Perceptions & Sensations
Aug 6, 2011 at 2:47 PM Post #2,101 of 4,123
What I've gathered from the comments i'll boil down to this.  The headstage arrow is one of a kind as far as size weight and its ability to drive sensitive iems and higher impedance fulll sizes equally well. Does that sentence pretty much sum up the arrow?

Aug 6, 2011 at 3:37 PM Post #2,102 of 4,123
As much as I like my Arrow, I am starting to realize that an external amp is unnecessary for IEMs. I actually prefer my 5G iMod straight out of the headphone jack with my Fx700, as opposed to the Ed8 which prefers to be driven with the Vcap dock>Arrow.

Aug 6, 2011 at 4:27 PM Post #2,104 of 4,123
I haven't heard that one but it does seem like the ideal IEM amp from what I have read. Have you heard the Slim with Fx700?

Aug 6, 2011 at 5:59 PM Post #2,106 of 4,123

Quote:
As much as I like my Arrow, I am starting to realize that an external amp is unnecessary for IEMs. I actually prefer my 5G iMod straight out of the headphone jack with my Fx700, as opposed to the Ed8 which prefers to be driven with the Vcap dock>Arrow.

I've been thinking this too (except replace arrow with Leckerton UHA-4 :wink:  but I own an arrow too) I'm thinking of using these customs I'm getting straight out of the Walkman X

Aug 8, 2011 at 2:59 PM Post #2,109 of 4,123

Quote:
Has anyone paired the Arrow with the HE-500?  I'm curious on how well it performs.

Wish you would have asked a few days ago when I had access to the HE500.  
frown.gif

Aug 8, 2011 at 3:03 PM Post #2,110 of 4,123
So the website says orders going out june/july2011 yet it still says preorder and no 1 got one of these. The 4g at least.  He wont even let you order a 3g which is really strange to me considering those have been done for awhile. The forum on his site is conveniently hacked so cant even get info there. You try to sign up for the newsletter and it wont let you.  I'm sorry but the way he is doing business is really really poor. He could at least be vocal and take 5-10 mins each week to post somewhere updates on how things are going. At least show people he cares at all.

I don't wanna hear the excuse he is busy making amps. No reason you cant take 5 minutes each week to type a little bit. I know he isnt a thief or anything but the way he seems to operate business has put me off from him and if he put me off im sure he put a lot of other potential customers off the arrow just by the way he operates business. You shouldnt be accepting money for pre orders 6 months+ ahead of time thats really unethical.

Only reason I'm so vocal about this is i'd really like to get an arrow but when you dont have a backup amp its not an option to just give your money and go with no amp for months. This amp has so much potential. With the proper marketing and proper mass production he could go from making 10's of thousand's a year to 100's of thousands a year. It's a shame he flushes this opportunity down the drain with his poor business management. A lot of businessmen would kill for a product as good as his and he is squandering it.

Aug 8, 2011 at 3:07 PM Post #2,111 of 4,123

Quote:
You shouldnt be accepting money for pre orders 6 months+ ahead of time thats really unethical.

Oh that's nothing around here.  Try 18 months or more for some of the gear on the forums.  Definitely don't go boutique when you have certain expectations.

Aug 8, 2011 at 3:11 PM Post #2,112 of 4,123
Well the people making the items shouldnt even say ok ill take ur money even tho i know im not gonna be done for a long time. Even if the customer offers it. That is unethical and shady

The pico slim took awhile but atleast u could pre order that and then pay when hes almost ready to ship. Atleast Justin knows how to run a business right.

Aug 8, 2011 at 3:52 PM Post #2,113 of 4,123
I was waiting 5 months for my 2G. It was worth the wait, but I won't bother with any updates. I'm happy with this one.

Aug 8, 2011 at 4:18 PM Post #2,114 of 4,123
the updates really dont seem that much different. I'd be happy with any version of the arrow. It's like straight up BS you cant order the previous gen while the 4g is being developed.

Aug 8, 2011 at 5:44 PM Post #2,115 of 4,123

Quote:
the updates really dont seem that much different. I'd be happy with any version of the arrow. It's like straight up BS you cant order the previous gen while the 4g is being developed.

i'll give you that, you really shouldn't run a business like this, BUT! You should know what you're getting into before you actually purchase it, this thread is relatively old and most stories are horror stories about the wait. So if you're complaining about the wait, all you have to do is blame yourself that you bought it because you should have known better than to listen to that june/july deadline. Why does Rob not make any 3g models? Well, he's focusing on improving the 4g model to get it ready for release. Who knows how many employees he has if any, so if he's the only one working on these amps, then of course he's just going to improve the 4g one. This stuff takes time, being an audiophile means having to wait sometimes for a good product. It's the nature of the business. You can disagree or agree with me, it doesn't matter to me. This is my opinion from my experience

Users who are viewing this thread

Back