Headstage Arrow HE: Reviews, Impressions, Perceptions & Sensations
Jul 3, 2011 at 11:09 AM Post #2,086 of 4,123
Nice analogy..  For those not familiar with Nissan I offer a gadget analogy. 

A disposable camera vs today's point and shoot camera.  Both will take pictures and save memories, but the disposable is limited to pressing a button and will not be able to adjust to surroundings.   With current point and shoots you can turn off flash, choose modes (portrait, night shot, full auto) to improve your picture.

To me, the strength of the arrow is being able to adjust amp to your source or your phones (or your music) with bass and treble and higher output (18db).  Also, it really is user focused with multiple inputs, auto off/on and trade-in benefits.

With that said.. the volume knob on the Fiio is really way cool!

Jul 3, 2011 at 7:39 PM Post #2,087 of 4,123
whats a better path, buy arrow with ipod touch 4g, or buy new source player and continue to use e5, maybe buy an e7.  Any opinions?

Jul 3, 2011 at 8:02 PM Post #2,089 of 4,123
tongue_smile.gif

Quote:

buy an arrow with a sony or cowon player =]

Jul 3, 2011 at 9:18 PM Post #2,090 of 4,123
Has anyone tried this and the TTVJ Slim? I would like to see a quick comparison.

Jul 7, 2011 at 9:38 PM Post #2,092 of 4,123
 The Arrow with dual bore reshelled (UM) Shure 530,s, sounds good to at the moment. Changes the character of them in quite a big way, Different sound altogether from the stock 530,s. I am thinking of getting my W 3.s maybe with an extra driver or 2.. I am such a gullible guy when it even involves even  5% increase in quality. Same has my home Hi-Fi .little improvements eventually become  very recognisable improvements

Jul 9, 2011 at 6:33 PM Post #2,093 of 4,123
How do you think the new 4g would go with the ultrasone pro 900s? 
I am pretty sold on the amazing portability and all the good reviews for the arrow.
Time to get rid of my E7. 

Aug 6, 2011 at 12:40 AM Post #2,096 of 4,123
What i dont understand is. Why cant you order a ready to go 3g  while the 4g is in preorder. It makes no sense. He could be selling triple the amount of product and making a much bigger net profit

Aug 6, 2011 at 1:08 AM Post #2,097 of 4,123

Quote:
What i dont understand is. Why cant you order a ready to go 3g  while the 4g is in preorder. It makes no sense. He could be selling triple the amount of product and making a much bigger net profit

Myself and a few others have heard the difference and feel it's appreciable.  The competition in the marketplace has really picked up so I'm sure Robert wants to make an appreciable splash w/ the 4G.  It's default voicing is better than just being a 3G w/ new switches.    

Aug 6, 2011 at 4:15 AM Post #2,098 of 4,123

Quote:
Myself and a few others have heard the difference and feel it's appreciable.  The competition in the marketplace has really picked up so I'm sure Robert wants to make an appreciable splash w/ the 4G.  It's default voicing is better than just being a 3G w/ new switches.    

Seeing that the impedance switch has been eliminated do you know what the stated output impedance will be for the 4G?

Aug 6, 2011 at 4:19 AM Post #2,099 of 4,123

Quote:
Seeing that the impedance switch has been eliminated do you know what the stated output impedance will be for the 4G?

I've been told and measured to confirm.  <1ohm.

Aug 6, 2011 at 4:23 AM Post #2,100 of 4,123
Well my interest is now piqued. Hopefully Robert will continue to let existing Arrow owners "trade up".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back