Headstage Arrow HE: Reviews, Impressions, Perceptions & Sensations
Jun 23, 2011 at 4:37 AM Post #2,056 of 4,123
hey, guys . i'd ordered arrow 4th gen too from april 29(at that day the status quicky changed to order processing too because robert is still active mailing with me),but for now i've got no reply about the status. So, i want to ask about past experience, that means i'm batch 1 rite n'll receive the amp first?Then how long for it takes for the previous batch 1? thx before :)

Jun 23, 2011 at 1:28 PM Post #2,057 of 4,123
until it says mailed, then i wouldn't think too much about it. For me, i was processed for a while, and until it says "mailed" or something like that, you won't get a response. Just wait it out for now, no point in hoping that it'll come soon. Remember, this amp comes from a LOT of patience, just wait it out

Jun 23, 2011 at 4:59 PM Post #2,058 of 4,123

I am waiting.. In the meantime I am researching my first pair of IEMs ever (helps kill the time)...  I wanna keep it affordable, because maybe I won't like sticking something in my ear.

Considering CK7 or NE-700x (70 usd range).  I assume the ability to configure the Arrow will make both of these safe choice.  

I am willing to hear sub-100 suggestions is anyone has any.  I know there are tons of shoot-out threads, but anyone with specific IEM used with the arrow would be interesting.

Jun 25, 2011 at 7:20 AM Post #2,060 of 4,123
oh I can't believe it
I preordered the 4G on 7th april and it's still in Order processing
what's going on?
mad.gif

if I ordered a ttvj  ...
angry_face.gif

Jun 25, 2011 at 8:28 AM Post #2,061 of 4,123

If you ordered a TTVJ you would always be matching phones to your amp or using software (player EQ) to make matches.  With the Arrow you have flexibility of creating a hardware match and I prefer hardware to control sound over software (maybe because i am so old).

The other thing is... you can trade in the arrow for upgrades..

The other other thing is... The wait on the arrow drives the resell price up (people like immediate gratification).  So, I think if I hate arrow, out of the box, I can probably get all my money back (could probably pull off profit but I would not do that)

Jun 25, 2011 at 12:44 PM Post #2,062 of 4,123

Quote:
oh I can't believe it
what's going on?
mad.gif

if I ordered a ttvj  ...
angry_face.gif

read a few pages of this thread and you'll notice the trend. Patience is key in these amp, and you can't rush them on this. Their customer service could be better, but their products are terrific. Waiting two or three months seems like nothing because a lot of members have waited longer than that. Also, Rob said the 4g would be coming out June/July. So in reality, he's not late at all. Don't be surprised if you have to wait until August or September, it happens.

Jun 25, 2011 at 4:31 PM Post #2,063 of 4,123

Quote:
read a few pages of this thread and you'll notice the trend. Patience is key in these amp, and you can't rush them on this. Their customer service could be better, but their products are terrific. Waiting two or three months seems like nothing because a lot of members have waited longer than that. Also, Rob said the 4g would be coming out June/July. So in reality, he's not late at all. Don't be surprised if you have to wait until August or September, it happens.

cool.gif

when I ordered , it was mentioned that it will be shipped about June , not about  July or ...

Jun 25, 2011 at 9:49 PM Post #2,066 of 4,123

Quote:
oh I can't believe it
what's going on?
mad.gif

If you think that is "waiting" enough to get
mad.gif
, hear this - I ordered my Arrow 3G in August, 2010. Rob sent it on December 17th and our postal department somehow lost it (and that happens to be one of the two international parcels I've ever lost so far) and Rob was kind enough to send me another by end of February and it took 20 more days (Usually, posts from EU reach me within a week, so imagine more frustration). It was in the end, 7½ months wait for me. But, the wait was still worth it. So, just be patient...

Jun 25, 2011 at 10:54 PM Post #2,067 of 4,123

Quote:
oh I can't believe it
what's going on?
mad.gif

if I ordered a ttvj  ...
angry_face.gif

To be honest, a 2 month wait is normal with the Arrow. I ordered mine with a USB DAC cable in August 2010 and didn't receive the Arrow till late December 2010. Add to that the fact that I still haven't received the USB DAC cable yet, I think you need to calm down and be patient, your Arrow will come soon enough. =)

Jun 26, 2011 at 1:26 AM Post #2,068 of 4,123
Yeah, if you had researched at all you would've known very well a long wait was gonna happen.  I feel ya, but it's not exactly a unique story.  Yeah, I know "cool story bro", but one of my orders for the 2G Arrow in March 2010 resulted in a 6 month wait.  I didn't get my Arrow until August, but I did end up getting a 3G instead.

Jun 26, 2011 at 1:38 AM Post #2,069 of 4,123

Quote:
i mean, is it really that different from the 3g that it would be delayed?

Yes it is.  Prototype units were sent out to some of us for evaluation prior to finalizations.  Changes to the character of the bass boost and adding the treble switch are not things to consider lightly and rush out the door.  As those of you who follow threads around here, questions about how much is 'too much' and what is 'just right' are not easy to answer.  What is the goal?  Adding fun to neutrality or fixing deficiencies?  Your point of reference and general intent are important considerations.

Even on default settings I find the 4G prototype to be an improvement over my 2.2G  Could just be the switch from 10 Z out or something else.  Don't have a 3G to compare to.  

Jun 26, 2011 at 4:30 AM Post #2,070 of 4,123

Quote:
If you think that is "waiting" enough to get
mad.gif
, hear this - I ordered my Arrow 3G in August, 2010. Rob sent it on December 17th and our postal department somehow lost it (and that happens to be one of the two international parcels I've ever lost so far) and Rob was kind enough to send me another by end of February and it took 20 more days (Usually, posts from EU reach me within a week, so imagine more frustration). It was in the end, 7½ months wait for me. But, the wait was still worth it. So, just be patient...

oh yes I was saw your story few pages ago
but what  is on my nerve is that no one knows about shipping time . if I know that it will be shipped in 3 or 4 month I will prepare myself for that from beginning 
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back