Headstage Arrow HE: Reviews, Impressions, Perceptions & Sensations
Dec 30, 2010 at 2:25 PM Post #1,532 of 4,123
The switch just gives you the choice whether or not to use the auto on/off feature. I kind of like the glowing red power switch on this version, but do look forward to the simplicity of the new one with auto power and no switch.

Dec 30, 2010 at 3:15 PM Post #1,534 of 4,123
Um, maybe it's a sign (omen?) but two nights ago I had a nightmare that my 5-year old ran over my Arrow with his bike over and over again. It was a classic progressively disturbing dream. At first when I held it it had just a few minor scuffs. The longer I held it, large deep gouges appeared in the beautifully machined case and the laser silk lettering started rubbing off (my first sign that I was dreaming). I panicked, tried to turn it on and the little light stick broke off in my hand! I woke up right after that with a big *PHEW*.

...And now there's immortal written proof of my pathetic audio affliction. 
redface.gif

Dec 30, 2010 at 3:31 PM Post #1,536 of 4,123
Dec 30, 2010 at 4:35 PM Post #1,538 of 4,123
we are all ill here - no worries lol

Quote:
Um, maybe it's a sign (omen?) but two nights ago I had a nightmare that my 5-year old ran over my Arrow with his bike over and over again. It was a classic progressively disturbing dream. At first when I held it it had just a few minor scuffs. The longer I held it, large deep gouges appeared in the beautifully machined case and the laser silk lettering started rubbing off (my first sign that I was dreaming). I panicked, tried to turn it on and the little light stick broke off in my hand! I woke up right after that with a big *PHEW*.

...And now there's immortal written proof of my pathetic audio affliction. 
redface.gif

Dec 30, 2010 at 8:32 PM Post #1,541 of 4,123
OK, no offense to a lot of the recent off-topic posts (hell, I'm guilty for 1 out of 4 of them), but this is my attempt to bring this thread back to its original intent...

Everyone please post your favorite settings:

BASS
CROSSFEED
GAIN
IMPEDANCE

---------------------------------------

Mine are as follows:

BASS: 1
CROSSFEED: 1
GAIN: 1
IMPEDANCE: 0

Dec 30, 2010 at 10:57 PM Post #1,544 of 4,123
So had my first listening session with my new G3.  Initial impressions are quite impressive.  We shall see how she settles in.  First thing I noticed though was I really like the auto on.  I was afraid that there would be a momentary delay but I noticed it turned on when I powered on my iMod.  Cool.  The other initial impression is that this little amp is quite the powerhouse!  I'm looking forward to experimenting with my DT990/600 and even my K701s.

I won't get a whole lot of listening time till I build one of my uber low profile LODs.  Going to incorporate a micro USB jack so I can charge and sync my iMod without having to unplug the LOD.  Time consuming so I will have to continue to be patient.  Maybe I will throw an LOD together to use with my iPod Touch in the meantime.  I really do want to start to listen to this promising amp!  Especially since I waited for over 4 months for it!

Other than Gain, I'm keeping my settings neutral/low to create a baseline.  Then I will start experimenting though I tend not to be gadgety when it comes to audio settings.  I never EQ or crossfeed so I'll probably stick with the current settings.

Dec 30, 2010 at 10:57 PM Post #1,545 of 4,123
602/DACPort

MDs

BASS: 0
CROSSFEED: 0
GAIN: 2

DBA-02

BASS: 0/1
CROSSFEED: 0
GAIN: 1/2

I wouldn't mind using Xfeed more but the sonic penalty is a but much for me.  Tonality > SS/Imaging for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back