Headstage Arrow HE: Reviews, Impressions, Perceptions & Sensations
Dec 19, 2010 at 3:31 PM Post #1,458 of 4,123
[size=10pt]Ok quick question, how long of a cable should I go for, for my interconnect? SoulSyde, you recommended the 4inch, so that is what I asked Drew at Moon Audio to make me, but he wants to know if that is from tip to tip or 4inch of cable before the connector? I am going to use the Arrow along with my Cowon J3 so can anyone let me know what length seems to work well and what size I should tell drew to make? Thanks everyone for your input!  [/size]

Dec 19, 2010 at 11:44 PM Post #1,460 of 4,123
Yeah, I went 4" tip to tip with right angles as well for my Arrow/J3 combo as well.  Best thing about it though is I used Oyaide right angle connectors, and they are built like tanks, lol...this cable (TWag braided) will allow me to use both the bottom connectors, with the cable folded back on itself for a really low profile design.  Pics eventually...once the amp arrives.

Dec 20, 2010 at 6:34 AM Post #1,462 of 4,123
To answer the question on the previous page, as far as I can tell during use the arrow does not generate any heat that can be discerned from touching the case exterior.  The battery gets a little warm when charging is all.

Dec 20, 2010 at 1:08 PM Post #1,463 of 4,123
Quote:
Pics would be awesome. My Arrow just shipped this evening so I'll do the same when mine arrives.

No prob, I'll post 'em for you.  Great news that yours shipped...I'm within 25 of you, so mine should leave soon.  Looks like production HAS stepped up dramatically.  That's over 200 in a week or so.  At this rate Rob should be able to get ahead of the order curve and be able to ship new orders almost immediately around the new year (just a guess).  Good news for any future orders or those on the fence due to long wait times.

Dec 20, 2010 at 1:15 PM Post #1,464 of 4,123
I asked Robert about that and he said "There won’t be long waiting time anymore, only few days now."

So most prov-bably 3G's production is very fast. I think I am gonna get one in a couple of days...

Anyone tried Arrow with SM3 or Mage?

Dec 20, 2010 at 1:23 PM Post #1,465 of 4,123
Quote:
I asked Robert about that and he said "There won’t be long waiting time anymore, only few days now."

So most prov-bably 3G's production is very fast. I think I am gonna get one in a couple of days...

Anyone tried Arrow with SM3 or Mage?

That's pretty much going to be my chain...Cowon J3 > Whiplash TWag > Arrow > SM3 (or ESW9 or Beyer T50p).  I'll let you know...should be a good fit, but the SM3's seem picky regarding amps.  I can't use my Headroom Airhead with them due to horrible impedance mismatching (they hiss something awful).  With selectable impedance on the Arrow I hope that goes away.  I'll let you know soon I hope!

Dec 20, 2010 at 2:03 PM Post #1,467 of 4,123
I trust that all you guys who have been posting about the Arrows lead time will have some actual impressions to contribute when you have received the amp. I for one would like to hear them to help decide if and when to upgrade.

grokit and cn11 will be the first to upgrade. I'm looking to you guys for comparisons :)

Dec 20, 2010 at 2:06 PM Post #1,468 of 4,123
Quote:
I trust that all you guys who have been posting about the Arrows lead time will have some actual impressions to contribute when you have received the amp. I for one would like to hear them to help decide if and when to upgrade.

Absolutely!  If I just wanted to bitch about the amp and wait time I'd do it in the other thread, lol.  Skylab's never going to review any of Robert's amps, so it's up to us to do so. 

Dec 20, 2010 at 2:12 PM Post #1,469 of 4,123
I will be glad! I am using SM3s/Mages with diyMod > Silver LOD > RSA Hornet atm and it is really quiet. SM3 is very sensitive and demands a better amp for sure. Maybe not better than Hornet but slimmer than it
biggrin.gif

Also do  your ESW9 and T50p get headtime after SM3s? I am thinking about getting a portable headphone (used ESW9 earlier) but I am afraid I wouldnt listen to them, again.
Quote:
That's pretty much going to be my chain...Cowon J3 > Whiplash TWag > Arrow > SM3 (or ESW9 or Beyer T50p).  I'll let you know...should be a good fit, but the SM3's seem picky regarding amps.  I can't use my Headroom Airhead with them due to horrible impedance mismatching (they hiss something awful).  With selectable impedance on the Arrow I hope that goes away.  I'll let you know soon I hope!

That is what I heard from him. But as you know 3Gs are shipping at recent batches, I hope everyone get their amps soon, so I dont wait too much
tongue.gif

Quote:
Well if this is true wouldnt you think that the one I ordered on Nov 17 should be done already. I guess not, but still, it should ship within the next three days, thats for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back