Headstage Arrow HE: Reviews, Impressions, Perceptions & Sensations
Dec 17, 2010 at 5:09 PM Post #1,441 of 4,123
I do have a question for all of you lucky owners.  What are your impressions of the silk screening on both the case and end pieces?  Any peeling, rubbing or chipping?  Many of Meier's amps have suffered from those problems.

Dec 17, 2010 at 5:11 PM Post #1,442 of 4,123

Quote:
I do have a question for all of you lucky owners.  What are your impressions of the silk screening on both the case and end pieces?  Any peeling, rubbing or chipping?  Many of Meier's amps have suffered from those problems.

Nothing on the end plates, still perfect.  My housing is wrapped in invisible shield so shaking it in a bag filled w/ broken glass isn't going to do a damned thing to the silkscreen or anything else.

Dec 18, 2010 at 12:09 AM Post #1,443 of 4,123
wow.. it's good to hear that 27xx's amps are shipping... hurry 28xx's...
gs1000.gif

Dec 18, 2010 at 4:57 AM Post #1,444 of 4,123

Quote:
wow.. it's good to hear that 27xx's amps are shipping... hurry 28xx's...
gs1000.gif

Dude...you're not ALLOWED to post unless you have any impressions...

Never mind that our impressions are "where the *&&^%$^*(*%^ is my AMP!".  It would be nice to have an impression other than "this is some BS", since Rob neither answers emails or sends out any kind of email other than when it ships...*sigh*.

Oh, dammit...I broke the rules.  Well, my "sensation" is "ouch".

Dec 18, 2010 at 5:14 PM Post #1,445 of 4,123
[size=10pt]Hey guys I got an e-mail saying my Arrow is on its way![/size]
[size=10pt]I just realized something that I don't have a cable!![/size]
[size=10pt]So what is everyone running for their interconnect cable from there player to the amp?[/size]
[size=10pt]Is there a good solid one that you guys recommend?[/size]
[size=10pt]Thanks! It is getting close can't wait to hear this baby!  [/size]

Dec 18, 2010 at 6:01 PM Post #1,446 of 4,123
FIIO make good cheap interconnects for ipods and others.  ALO make super nice ones but be prepared to pay.  imo get something cheap to start, you'll probably be happy with that but you can always scale up.

You can diy of course (I did), but parts will cost more than a cheapie off ebay.

Dec 18, 2010 at 6:09 PM Post #1,447 of 4,123
You can't go wrong with this one for the Arrow amp!

Here was my brief review of it (as posted on Headphone.com):

If your portable source device is not an iPod/Touch/Pad, Sansa Fuze or Sony then you have no choice but to connect your device to your portable amp via a 3.5mm mini-to-mini connector.

My preferred source device is a Rockboxed Sansa Fuze V2 (which does not allow the use of an LOD due to USB bugs in the Rockbox firmware - yet to be resolved). Therefore I need to use the headphone-out to connect to my portable amp. HeadRoom's 4" mini-to-mini is just to right size to manage this task. The right angle connectors do a great job of keeping your portable rig low profile.

The sound quality is very good. The cable is durable, yet soft enough to bend when needed.

I highly recommend this cable, for $10 you can't go wrong.

Dec 18, 2010 at 6:34 PM Post #1,448 of 4,123
Order number 2970 here (upgrade from G1), just got this message:

Dear Customer , 

The status of your order changed.

New status: Order processing.

I've been out of this thread for quite a while, but it sounds like it's not coming anytime soon?

confused.gif

frown.gif

confused.gif

Dec 18, 2010 at 6:55 PM Post #1,449 of 4,123

Quote:

Dear Customer , 

I've been out of this thread for quite a while, but it sounds like it's not coming anytime soon?

confused.gif

frown.gif

confused.gif

I thought there weren't going to be any 1G upgrades until all the back-orders are filled. The differences are likely quite small (if you're not a bass head) so when I do get the upgrade I'll get the newest model. I still don't hear anything wrong with the 1G so I don't mind the wait.

If you've already sent the 1G in....that could be a pain. I'm not letting go of my 1G until I know when the 3G will ship!

Dec 18, 2010 at 7:22 PM Post #1,450 of 4,123

FIIO make good cheap interconnects for ipods and others.  ALO make super nice ones but be prepared to pay.  imo get something cheap to start, you'll probably be happy with that but you can always scale up.

You can diy of course (I did), but parts will cost more than a cheapie off ebay.

I tried the start cheap and move your way up approach and it almost had me sending theArrow back!

I bought the FiiO L5 iPod connector and the sound was terrible. Just god-awful to the point where the sound was just warped. Fortunately I had a Sendstation on the shelf and quickly tried that. Much better sound but not a practical long term solution.

I'm now using a better smaller LOD courtesy of SoulSyde. It sounds awesome!

Dec 18, 2010 at 8:02 PM Post #1,451 of 4,123
"Order Processing" simply means "I took your money sucka...get in line with everyone else...I'll let you know in a couple of months when I get around to finally shipping one".

Dec 18, 2010 at 8:46 PM Post #1,452 of 4,123

Quote:
Quote:

Dear Customer , 

confused.gif

frown.gif

confused.gif

I thought there weren't going to be any 1G upgrades until all the back-orders are filled. The differences are likely quite small (if you're not a bass head) so when I do get the upgrade I'll get the newest model. I still don't hear anything wrong with the 1G so I don't mind the wait.

If you've already sent the 1G in....that could be a pain. I'm not letting go of my 1G until I know when the 3G will ship!

Nah, when I inquired what the next step was Robert told me that he would send me the G3 first, very cool IMO. He didn't say when though. I guess it's going to be quite a while then unless he manages to catch up all at once relatively soon.

Quote:
"Order Processing" simply means "I took your money sucka...get in line with everyone else...I'll let you know in a couple of months when I get around to finally shipping one".

Lol, he does have my $25 though 
rolleyes.gif

Dec 18, 2010 at 9:04 PM Post #1,453 of 4,123

Quote:

Quote:

Nah, when I inquired what the next step was Robert told me that he would send me the G3 first, very cool IMO. He didn't say when though. I guess it's going to be quite a while then unless he manages to catch up all at once relatively soon.

Quote:

Lol, he does have my $25 though 
rolleyes.gif

He told me the same thing... it is really cool that he'll send the 3G first. That way you don't have to be without the goodness of the Arrow's sound for any length of time. Also, I'd love to be able to compare the sound for a couple days, but I do realize that wouldn't really get you past the burning in phase of the amp. Any more than a couple days probably wouldn't be too cool...

He's got my $25, plus $69 for the USB-DAC cable.....  
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back