Headstage Arrow HE: Reviews, Impressions, Perceptions & Sensations
May 29, 2010 at 10:35 AM Post #497 of 4,123

Quote:
Are there any other slim amps with the immense amount of options this one has?

The arrow 12he is 100 dollars (soon 150 dollars when pre order pricing gone) cheaper then the pico slim, does the pico slim give a 100-150+ dollar better sound or are you paying that extra money for the smaller size and the accurate volume attenuator?

Once you order the Arrow 12he is it mailed right away or is there a waiting period to get it? I ask this because the Pico slim seems like it's gonna take till christmas to get if you just get in on it now. Don't want to wait a long time for anything I order. Once I pay I want it shipped quickly so does the arrow ship within a few days of ordering?

No portable hp amp that I know of has these many settings.

I seriously doubt that the Pico Slim would be much better than the Arrow. I also have a regular Pico and overall I prefer the Arrow over it.

The only drawback is it takes some time to get it. But then the Pico Slim also has a long wait.

May 29, 2010 at 10:36 AM Post #498 of 4,123

Quote:
I don't understand what you're asking. Can you try asking a different way?

How is changed sound of Clip+ with Arrow? 
L3000.gif

May 29, 2010 at 10:43 AM Post #499 of 4,123

Quote:
What is crossfeed I always wondered what that meant?

Are there any other slim amps with the immense amount of options this one has?

The arrow 12he is 100 dollars (soon 150 dollars when pre order pricing gone) cheaper then the pico slim, does the pico slim give a 100-150+ dollar better sound or are you paying that extra money for the smaller size and the accurate volume attenuator?

Once you order the Arrow 12he is it mailed right away or is there a waiting period to get it? I ask this because the Pico slim seems like it's gonna take till christmas to get if you just get in on it now. Don't want to wait a long time for anything I order. Once I pay I want it shipped quickly so does the arrow ship within a few days of ordering?

Pekingduck's link explains crossfeed just fine.

There are other amps with good features, but according to the reviews, none as well executed as the Arrow, and most don't have the smart built-in features the Arrow has: user replaceable battery, auto-on/off, variable voltage volume. Please check out ABI dfkt's comprehensive review (with some comparisons). I don't think it's what you meant, but it seems you're suggesting the Arrow has inaccurate volume control. It doesn't. It's accurate and balanced even at low volumes. ZERO crackle. And I don't think "attenuator" is the word you wanted to use. Attenuate means to lessen or reduce.

Please make use of all your resources on the Internet. Robert's product website clearly states new orders will ship in June. Don't take this the wrong way, but if you're asking about crossfeed and accurate volume pots when you haven't done your research, would you be able to tell a difference in sound quality between the Pico and the Arrow even if it existed? Food for thought.

I've learned, with the guidance of the fine folks here and over at ABI, that easing into the audiophile world should be a deliberate and calculated process. You've waited this long to reward your nascnet audiophile. Six more weeks or so won't kill you.
wink.gif

May 29, 2010 at 10:47 AM Post #500 of 4,123

Quote:

How is changed sound of Clip+ with Arrow? 
L3000.gif

Ahhh, Thanks. VERY different. The Zune has zero eq and is flat with a decent but very bright and forward signature. The Arrow helped a lot with that though. The Clip is amazing. For one, I can now play lossless files (so that helps). The Zune chokes on them. And with the Clip's eq, I can really tweak the sound to my liking. Even out the box and flat though, the Clip/Arrow provides a much richer sonic experience.

May 29, 2010 at 9:20 PM Post #502 of 4,123

Quote:
Whaat? Since when is the arrow only $100?

You didn't process the part of the sentence after the parenthetical... "$100... cheaper then the pico slim
wink.gif

It's still $250 (US) with a rebate if you send him an old amp.

May 30, 2010 at 2:09 AM Post #504 of 4,123
^^ WORD, wuwhere! What did you trade in?

May 30, 2010 at 9:08 PM Post #505 of 4,123

Quote:
You didn't process the part of the sentence after the parenthetical... "$100... cheaper then the pico slim
wink.gif

It's still $250 (US) with a rebate if you send him an old amp.

Oh my bad, I got excited
$250 is a bit more than what I'm willing to lay down for a portable amp atm, but this one is particularly tempting

May 31, 2010 at 2:14 AM Post #510 of 4,123

Quote:
BTW: Has anyone tried to push 600ohm (specifically the Beyer DT880/ 600 phones w/ the Arrow? I wonder how well (or poorly) the Arrow works with it.

LOL! Yikes! I auditioned the T1 and the Arrow drove them just fine (aside from them stabbing my ears with sibilant highs). I'm not sure if they were 600 Ohm but I think so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back