Headstage Arrow 4G vs. 3G
Jan 29, 2013 at 10:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Audioscope

100+ Head-Fier
I have had a Headstage Arrow 3G for a few years now, and use it every now and then.  

Lately, I realized that I could upgrade to the new 4G for not so much money.  As far as I understand, the only difference is the Treble Boost feature.  Is it worth around $50 for the upgrade[size=small]?[/size]

Jan 31, 2013 at 2:14 AM Post #2 of 7
For me it was worth it.  The treble feature has been a great addition for me as I enjoy the highs (I'm using Ety ER4S with it) but the bass to me is much cleaner to the point that on many songs I am even able to use the 2nd bass setting without it getting too muddy.

Jan 31, 2013 at 11:03 PM Post #3 of 7
That`s very positive to hear.  Which sources are you using the 4G with[size=small]?[/size]

Feb 1, 2013 at 1:37 PM Post #4 of 7
Quote:
That`s very positive to hear.  Which sources are you using the 4G with[size=small]?[/size]

Right now the main source is an iPod Nano 7th gen with the lightning to 30 pin adapter.  All of my tracks are AIFF.

May 18, 2013 at 12:24 AM Post #6 of 7
The 4G has a treble control, on the 3G there's an impedance control.

May 18, 2013 at 1:35 AM Post #7 of 7
can you elaborate a bit on this please ? i am happy to ehar this as i have also upgraded from 1G to 4G quite recently

so you consider 4G an upgrade over 3G ?
Quote:
For me it was worth it.  The treble feature has been a great addition for me as I enjoy the highs (I'm using Ety ER4S with it) but the bass to me is much cleaner to the point that on many songs I am even able to use the 2nd bass setting without it getting too muddy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back