headsize poll
Sep 12, 2006 at 12:10 AM Post #17 of 24
I'm not certain my exact head size, but in my youth I was 99th percentile for cranial circumference (diameter? something like that). I'm sure I'm still in the 90s.

Sep 12, 2006 at 12:16 AM Post #18 of 24
I think my head isn't too wide, but rather too long stretching from forehead to back-of-the-head therefore the large hat size. I never have to use the largest size on headphones, and usually deal with more issues related to the pointy shape of the top of my head or ear comfort.

Sep 12, 2006 at 12:42 AM Post #19 of 24
my noggin is shaped oddly. it's also quite long and maybe a bit pointy on top so that on some cans, i have to extend the arms all the way.
blink.gif

Sep 14, 2006 at 2:07 AM Post #22 of 24
does anyone else find the HD555 uncomfortable. It felt way too tight and gave me headaches, so I stretched it over my PC. After a while the headband loosened and felt really comfy, but it also cracked. After that I sent it back to Sennheiser and got a new one. Now the headphones are like a vice grip again.
I'm pretty sure my head is average sized.

Sep 14, 2006 at 2:08 AM Post #23 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by retic3nt
does anyone else find the HD555 uncomfortable. It felt way too tight and gave me headaches, so I stretched it over my PC. After a while the headband loosened and felt really comfy, but it also cracked. After that I sent it back to Sennheiser and got a new one. Now the headphones are like a vice grip again.
I'm pretty sure my head is average sized.

Yeah... I haven't tried the HD555 but that sounds like a Sennheiser headband alright. Just get Tyll to show you how to loosen it up a bit and you'll be all set.

Sep 14, 2006 at 5:30 AM Post #24 of 24
I wear a 7 3/4" fitted hat, so huge head. The SR225's I wear with about 1" to 2" of the bar showing, same with the SR60's. I can't tell how the hell the K501's adjust so who knows on that one
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back