Headsix - right channel loder than left
Mar 4, 2009 at 8:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

dima1109

100+ Head-Fier
Hi all,

I've been noticing a strange and extremely annoying trend with my Headsix. The right channel volume seems to be a little higher than left. It's very evident on approximately the first 15 degrees on the knob, then it evens out a bit, but never fully recovers. I notice it both on both the Shures and the Denons. The difference is more pronounced in high frequencies, and is more or less even in the highs. I tried reversing the 'phones (R->L, L->R), and the left channel was slightly louder in that case, as expected.

Has anyone ever had something like this happen? What could it be?

By the way, I tried it on a 80Gb 5G iPod, 8Gb iPhone (using the headphone jack on both), and a Dell laptop, all the same.

Mar 4, 2009 at 1:30 PM Post #2 of 3
I feel a small bias towards the right channel as well. It is not really annoying or noticeable on my DT880s than on my Alessandros.

Mar 5, 2009 at 8:35 PM Post #3 of 3
You could try and switching it to low gain if you are running it in high gain. The volume inbalance is probably most noticable on the first degrees of the knob as you say and in low gain you will have turn the knob up at bit more to get the same sound level.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back