Headsets?
Feb 3, 2003 at 10:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

elgoog

New Head-Fier
My cheap $10 headset (that i use a lot) just broke, so I have an opportunity (sorry, oppressive parents...) to get a new headset. Are there any low-priced, moderate-quality headsets that anyone would reccomend? I would prefer something in the $20 range as to not annoy my parents, since I already got a PDA for Christmas and am looking forward to my birthday.

Feb 5, 2003 at 8:09 AM Post #3 of 7
You may want to look into Koss ksc-35 or ksc-50 phones. For a more detailed sound, take a look at Grado src-40 phones, but they're more like $40, although, you may be able to get them for less on e-bay.

Feb 5, 2003 at 11:04 AM Post #4 of 7
If you don't mind earbuds you might want to try the Sennheiser MX-400 or MX-500 (with built-in volume control).

If you are feeling particularly brave do the 'hole' mod on the earpads which will improve the sound.

Feb 5, 2003 at 3:31 PM Post #5 of 7
he said he wants a headset (u know, with a mic boom)
my old labtec headset was 20 bucks, but the sound quality sucks in retrospect.
there is a 20 dollar headset around that has a AA powered amp on the cord and sounds decent. i forget the brand.

Feb 5, 2003 at 3:45 PM Post #6 of 7
do yourself a favor and get the best, cheapest headset available: the Plantronics audio .90. Its 1/8" stereo headphone jack with a 1/8" mic for the attached swivel boom mic. Its a great headset, very light and comfortable. The only downside I can see is that you can't really look "straight down" and have it stay on your head. But if you're just sitting in a chair or doing light office work it will be perfect. Also for gaming
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back