Headset recommendation for glasses wearer?
Jun 26, 2013 at 7:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

seryou92

New Head-Fier
Hi guys, I'm a new member of this site. I recently just picked up some new glasses but wearing them with my Turtle Beach X11s just causes some insanely excruciating pain after 20-30 minutes of use. I can't opt for the contact lens route either since I'm not permitted to wear them for extended durations by my eye doctor after some recent events. I was wondering if anyone had a good recommendation for a headset that's comfortable with glasses for extended use of say... 8+ hours a day probably. My budget at the moment is $70 at the highest. So if anyone can recommend some good headsets for under $70, that would be great. Oh, by headset I mean with a mic of course ;P I use Skype on a daily basis and would need something to communicate with. Thanks for any input guys, appreciate it.

P.S. http://www.oakley.com/products/7149/27407 are my glasses.

Jun 26, 2013 at 9:00 AM Post #2 of 5
Hi!

I recently tried the philips cityscape Uptown and they have been extremely comfortable eventhough I have relatively thick earpieces on my glasses.

Some three years back I had Sennheiser HD465 for myself and they where a joy to were over extended periods and they are quite cheap but the the cable broke like once a year and costs 1/3 of the headphones as replacement!

Hope that helps!

MoWe 

Jun 26, 2013 at 7:52 PM Post #3 of 5
I looked them up on amazon and they do indeed look comfortable at first glance. I'm currently thinking about grabbing them while they're still $70. Out of curiosity, how is the mic that comes with it? Not a huge deal if they're bad or anything since I can just grab a Zalman to make up for it.

Thanks for the input.
smile.gif

Jun 27, 2013 at 10:04 AM Post #5 of 5
If you really need a headset, you should probably go siberia... Which is said to be comfortable, and actually sound decent too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back