Headset for Xbox 360 to PC
Dec 5, 2017 at 6:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

UNSCArgentMoon

New Head-Fier
Hello everybody,

I'm about to buy a headset that is originally for Xbox 360 but i will use it on PC so my question is, Do i need to buy some adapter or other stuff. The headset is wireless.
The model of the headset is

Tritton Halo 4 Warhead 7.1 Wireless Surround Headset

im with windows 10 if that matters.

Ill be thankful for your help ^^

Dec 5, 2017 at 7:22 PM Post #4 of 6
Why do you think so? Usually i want to buy it because im fan of Halo. Thats your experience with the headset.
Im with Razer Tiamat 2.2 now but they lack the surround sound i need for gaming.
Thank you for the reply ^^
I say this because a proper headphone will produce much better sound quality than a gaming headset and as for surround sound you can just enable Windows Sonic since you're on Windows 10 and you'll have spatial sound with 7.1 virtual surround sound, Windows Sonic is a pretty good implementation of Virtual Surround Sound and imo way better than the Dolby/DTS surround software that is included in gaming headsets software/programs.

Dec 5, 2017 at 7:43 PM Post #5 of 6
I say this because a proper headphone will produce much better sound quality than a gaming headset and as for surround sound you can just enable Windows Sonic since you're on Windows 10 and you'll have spatial sound with 7.1 virtual surround sound, Windows Sonic is a pretty good implementation of Virtual Surround Sound and imo way better than the Dolby/DTS surround software that is included in gaming headsets software/programs.

Thank you for the advice! I might listen to you. As the headset is for xbox 360 and i read that it cant be used on other platforms or if could it would lose some features like the mic or maybe even some of the sound quality.

Dec 5, 2017 at 8:04 PM Post #6 of 6
Thank you for the advice! I might listen to you. As the headset is for xbox 360 and i read that it cant be used on other platforms or if could it would lose some features like the mic or maybe even some of the sound quality.
You can get a budget headphone like the Philips SHP9500 and a Vmoda boompro mic to attach to it and you'll have a headset far better than any gaming headset.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back