Headset for work suggestions
Aug 25, 2014 at 7:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Sean8

New Head-Fier
Hey guys,

It's been a while since I've been shopping for a new piece of equipment and it's time I started gathering suggestions again. 

I just got a new job that I'm really happy with and I'm starting to settle in. However, I've noticed that this company relies heavily on VOIP calls through my company provided laptop. As someone who's always appreciated audio that is (well) above Apple buds quality, the company-provided headset and I just do not see eye to eye and I'm in the market for something new. Since I have never never purchased one of these types of headsets before and have never had the need to, I really don't even know where to begin to look. I started to look at the well-known names in the headphones market and all I see are "gaming" headsets that have orange, red, and green all over them and have really aggressive styling. I'm not looking for something like that.

My needs for this headset are:
   1. Not out-of-place looking in a professional office (I can't have this screaming "K1LL3R GAM3R" or anything...)
   2. Decent to good audio quality (even though I do end up on a lot of VOIP calls, most of the use for these will be audio while I work)
   3. Close-backed (office is a relatively quiet environment)
   4. Preferably in the price range of $50-$150 (these will be left in my office, in the open, and without a lock on any door to access it... I need to be able to lose them without crying) 
   5. Preferably work well unamped (I probably will need to travel at some point in this position and bringing an extra piece of equipment would be cumbersome)

I appreciate all suggestions and I apologize if this is in the wrong thread. I felt it was most appropriate here, but if I was wrong I'll be glad to move it.

Thanks

Sep 19, 2014 at 9:30 AM Post #3 of 5
these. http://www.head-fi.org/t/735266/more-sonically-balanced-sennheiser-momentums-with-active-noise-cancelling-for-under-150

http://www.mwave.com.au/product/asus-vulcan-pro-noise-cancellation-gaming-headset-aa24185?gclid=CjwKEAjwqO-gBRCEyp2Fufm0lBASJAAZrX-5upoQho8H5y58nmDe4P1ippkvNIj8L6iolB5U0QFyBBoCJzzw_wcB#detailTabs=tabSpecifications

Sep 19, 2014 at 9:31 AM Post #4 of 5
apart from the looks haha, these tick the rest of your specs.

Oct 20, 2014 at 8:44 PM Post #5 of 5
I ended up reading about the Sennheiser Momentums. I've always been a big Senn fan, they fit the need for professional looking phones, I can make Skype calls with them and Inner Fidelity gave them a good review. Even they were significantly more than I wanted to spend, I pull in help from someone who worked at a retail store that sold them and got them for a significant discount. I definitely like them a lot. Thanks for all the suggestions, guys!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back