Headset for use on PS4 AND Xbox One
Feb 11, 2014 at 9:28 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

ACSlatersMullet

New Head-Fier
Hi all, great forum!! 

I've searched through posts from the past couple months and I couldn't find my answer, sorry if I overlooked it

I have a 5.1 home theater set-up in the basement, but for the last year or so I just feel like gaming upstairs in the family room a little bit before bed more often than not (tired from the young kids, or don’t want to face the basement in zero degree temps outside).

Family room setup – TCP50G10 Panasonic Plasma, HTCT100 Sony soundbar, Xbox One and PS4.

I primarily play on PS4, but would also like to be able to use on the Xbox One.  I’m mostly concerned with GAME AUDIO, I would be fine without voice chat if it meant I could get a better quality setup…

Budget- I’d like to keep it around $150.  I’m not needing the best since I can go down to the basement if I’d like, I’m just looking for a better way to play the few hours a week that I play in the family room. 

Currently, I just plug a set of Sennheiser HD201 headphones into the DS4 controller, and for the Xbox One I haven’t looked into much of a solution yet…I know there is an upcoming adapter in the next month or two, but that’s as much as I know.

Wireless is nice, but I’m also not concerned with wires due to the fact that everyone in the house is sleeping when I play.  I’d like it to be somewhat easy to transfer between consoles.

If using on both consoles is a problem, I'd prefer to get the best setup I can for the PS4 I guess.

I welcome all feedback and suggestions, thanks!

Feb 11, 2014 at 11:54 AM Post #2 of 4
I assume that sound bar has a headphone output (or at least the tv does) I would use that so you could have at least 2 ohms output for both consoles.  Most headphones have 10 foot cables so it might be a problem if kids/pets are running around but this should be helpful:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/534479/mad-lust-envys-headphone-gaming-guide-updated-1-27-2014-monster-dna-pro-added-edits

Sennheiser makes some cheaper wireless headphones as well if you don't care so much about soundstage and imaging that could be more practical.

Feb 11, 2014 at 11:59 AM Post #3 of 4
  I assume that sound bar has a headphone output (or at least the tv does) I would use that so you could have at least 2 ohms output for both consoles.  Most headphones have 10 foot cables so it might be a problem if kids/pets are running around but this should be helpful:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/534479/mad-lust-envys-headphone-gaming-guide-updated-1-27-2014-monster-dna-pro-added-edits

Sennheiser makes some cheaper wireless headphones as well if you don't care so much about soundstage and imaging that could be more practical.

both the soundbar and the TV do not have headphone output...the soundbar also only has 1 optical IN port (not OUT).

I'll have to search around in that thread you linked again when I have some time...I looked at it the other day and there is a ton of info in there.

Dec 20, 2015 at 8:17 AM Post #4 of 4
Hey, 

i'm thinking about getting the Seinnheiser HD201 for PS4 play. I'm just worried that the sound volume is too low, I tried a couple of headphones and even on max volume the sound is not that loud. I'm talking about pluging them in the controller.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back