Headset for PC gaming and listening to music recommendations
Jun 17, 2016 at 12:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

KabalLV

New Head-Fier
Hi,
I'am using Razer Kraken's for over 2 years know and i need an upgrade. First one thing i have to mention is that i don't have a additional sound card, DAC etc.

Most of the time i listen to Electronic music so i like to have a descent bass but of course without it being overwhelming like with Kraken's. I've been interested in Audio Technica ATH-M50X. A lot of great reviews and scores. But I'am afraid that it won't have enough bass for something like EDM, DnB, Dubstep etc. 

Idk maybe someone can suggest a headset with better mid's and high's than my current headset but at the same time with enough bass for electronic music and some explosions in games under 200$. 

Thanks.

Jun 17, 2016 at 1:39 PM Post #2 of 11
A little over your budget but sometimes can be had for about $200 is the Beyerdynamic DT 990. Its has great detail, nice bass and i would just buy another external mic like a mod mic to make it a headset. Even if you spend an extra 100 it will be leagues and leagues above all other gaming headphones and also its built like a tank so it will probably last a lifetime. Not to mention that its super comfortable. 

Jun 17, 2016 at 5:27 PM Post #6 of 11
Should be good enough with good on board audio chip. Later on you can get a cheap amp and dac combo if you like for better performance.

Jun 17, 2016 at 5:29 PM Post #7 of 11
You could also go for dt770 I think there is 80 ohm variety. It will also be more bassy since its closed, but won't be as detailed or have as nice treble and mids.

Jun 17, 2016 at 5:34 PM Post #8 of 11
Maybe i should go for 770 since there will be more sound isolation and that better for gaming and more bass but i think the mid's and high's will still be A LOT better than Kraken's right ?

Jun 17, 2016 at 6:17 PM Post #9 of 11
  Maybe i should go for 770 since there will be more sound isolation and that better for gaming and more bass but i think the mid's and high's will still be A LOT better than Kraken's right ?

Check out the ($90?) Takstar Pro 80 (Gemini HSR-1000) headphones, almost as good as the DT770, but easier to drive and costs less.

Jun 18, 2016 at 3:14 AM Post #10 of 11
I think i'll go for these - http://europe.beyerdynamic.com/shop/dt-770-pro-80-ohm.html

because closed back = more bass and 80 ohms will be good for my desktop PC on-board sound card. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back