Headset for Gaming
Nov 18, 2013 at 1:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

kezzo

New Head-Fier
Hey, i have creative sb tactic 3d rage
I want to level-up my sound crib, recommend me a headset for gaming-movie-music multi purpose.

basses must be deep and smooth. this is very important.

choices are

high range: steelseries siberia elite
                 sony mdr xb910 ( can i use this gaming with a 7.1 soundcard ? )

second question: which is better than sb tactic 3d rage

logi 35
                         plantronics gamecom 780
                         steelseries sibera v2

Nov 18, 2013 at 2:13 PM Post #2 of 5
  Hey, i have creative sb tactic 3d rage, actually i dont buy creative headset but its gift from my gf. Anyway, this device is very uncomfortable and basses are very very flat and muddy. But using 50 mm neo drivers and produces loud sound.

I want to level-up my sound crib, recommend me a headset for gaming-movie-music multi purpose.

basses must be deep and smooth. this is very important.

choices are

high range: steelseries siberia elite
                 sony mdr xb910 ( can i use this gaming with a 7.1 soundcard ? )

second question: which is better than sb tactic 3d rage

logi 35
                         plantronics gamecom 780
                         steelseries sibera v2

for a headSET get PC360 or mmx300

these headsets don't come with their own soundcard so you should consider buying a sound card for Dolby headphone and PRO LOGIC IIx or cmss3d.

You can as well get the razer surround app which gives you surround sound, I got it for free at Razer's website.

Nov 18, 2013 at 2:15 PM Post #3 of 5
the headsets you listed are not worth the money in my opinion, they are gimmicky and sound like crap. I used to have a Corsair vengeance 1500 but after buying the A700x I gave it away....night and day difference..

Nov 18, 2013 at 6:45 PM Post #5 of 5
  thank you, headsets you wrote are fantastic

so what about sony mdr xb910 with dolby sound card ? does it fit my gaming and movies?

the sony XB series are well known for their bass. the sound stage and positional cues are terrible which means the headphone only gives you fun and is not good for positional fps/competitive gaming...

my advice to you is to take a look at Mad Lust Envy's gaming headphone guide which can be found here : 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/534479/mad-lust-envys-headphone-gaming-guide-updated-9-2-2013-sony-ma900-added

he compares different headphones from different manufacturers and rates them in three different departments : Fun Competitive and comfort

Users who are viewing this thread

Back