headset for computer game?
Jul 20, 2005 at 4:06 PM Post #3 of 6
Just take your favorite regular headphones and pop a clip-on microphone onto the cord. Instant headset!

Jul 21, 2005 at 9:22 AM Post #4 of 6
While Senn 280 is definitely a nice headset, IMO it has two serious drawbacks for gaming application. One is price - 270+$ is an obvious overkill for gaming use; the second (YMMW, of course) is wearing comfort, as they squeeze your head like hell, and are quite painful for extended use (which is what gaming usually is
wink.gif
).

If you want cheep, isolating, lighter and REASONNABLY well-sounding headset, I suggest putting Koss SB-40 on your list. Or a later model - SB45, although I've never owned or demoed it. But I do own and am quite happy with SB-40. It will not even get close to Senns mentioned in terms of SQ, but it will get you there in games.

Sure, there are also other options, I am just suggesting what I've tried myself.

Jul 21, 2005 at 6:47 PM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by SV_huMMer
While Senn 280 is definitely a nice headset, IMO it has two serious drawbacks for gaming application. One is price - 270+$ is an obvious overkill for gaming use; the second (YMMW, of course) is wearing comfort, as they squeeze your head like hell, and are quite painful for extended use (which is what gaming usually is
wink.gif
).

Once you get used to that it isn't that bad...kind of a numbing feeling...
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back