Heads up: There are NEW Cowon X5s on Amazon
Aug 4, 2008 at 1:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

The_X

1000+ Head-Fier
I'm not sure how long these will last, but Amazon is selling 20GB, 30GB, and 30GB X5L's through JetAudio.

Prices are $165, $205, and $250, respectively. Considering these are some of the best sounding and most versatile players you can buy, I think it's a damn good price! I'm considering the X5L myself... but I can't quite justify having two rigs
confused_face.gif

Links for the lazy:
http://www.amazon.com/iAudio-Portabl...7855728&sr=8-1
http://www.amazon.com/iAudio-Portabl...7855728&sr=8-1
http://www.amazon.com/iAudio-X5L-Mul...7855728&sr=8-1

Aug 4, 2008 at 8:30 PM Post #6 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by The_X /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, but the line-out is worse sounding than the HP-out.

Not necessarily, the highs sparkle a touch more and extend a little higher, but the lows don't go as low (doesn't get much below 60hz).

Aug 4, 2008 at 10:46 PM Post #8 of 20
I snatched up the 30GB X5, although I really shouldn't have. That deal was just too good to turn down!

I actually think I may have gotten the last one of those. It said there was only 1 left in stock when I ordered it. That really sped up my decision!
tongue.gif

Shipping was $7.99.

Every time I visit this dang place it costs me more money. I really should have stayed away...

Aug 4, 2008 at 11:58 PM Post #9 of 20
Goodness. They also have the Cowon A2 30GB for $199!

Amazon.com: Cowon A2 30 GB Portable Multimedia Player: Electronics

This is getting really tough, because I know I need a good voice recorder for school next semester and a they can run as high as $120 for a decent one. Just $80 more for an A2 or $40 more for an X5.... hmmm....

Aug 5, 2008 at 2:34 AM Post #10 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by The_X /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Goodness. They also have the Cowon A2 30GB for $199!

Amazon.com: Cowon A2 30 GB Portable Multimedia Player: Electronics

This is getting really tough, because I know I need a good voice recorder for school next semester and a they can run as high as $120 for a decent one. Just $80 more for an A2 or $40 more for an X5.... hmmm....

Ugh. I wanted an A2 for a while. I didn't even think to check for that!

I just sent an e-mail to JetAudio (the seller on Amazon), asking if I can switch my order from the $204.99 iAudio X5 to the $199.99 Cowon A2. Hopefully they'll do it for me. From what I've read, the X5 and A2 are very close in SQ, with the A2 possibly having a slight edge. Even if the SQ is the same, I like the A2's screen and video capabilities much better.

Crap. Like I said earlier...I wish I could just quit this place.

The next step is to get me some Grado SR-225's.
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 5, 2008 at 2:42 AM Post #12 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by MetalGeek /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ugh. I wanted an A2 for a while. I didn't even think to check for that!

I just sent an e-mail to JetAudio (the seller on Amazon), asking if I can switch my order from the $204.99 iAudio X5 to the $199.99 Cowon A2. Hopefully they'll do it for me. From what I've read, the X5 and A2 are very close in SQ, with the A2 possibly having a slight edge. Even if the SQ is the same, I like the A2's screen and video capabilities much better.

Crap. Like I said earlier...I wish I could just quit this place.

The next step is to get me some Grado SR-225's.
smily_headphones1.gif

At prices this low, why not get both!?
evil_smiley.gif

Aug 5, 2008 at 3:25 AM Post #13 of 20
The X5 is an awesome device and could still hold its own in todays market. But IMO the iaudio 7 16gb at $180 is a much much better deal.

My X5 doesnt get a lot of mileage anymore unless I need the power features of rockbox or the high capacity storage. I use the ipod nano 90% of the time because operations are just alot faster. And thats exactly all I need for an out and out audio player

Aug 5, 2008 at 9:04 PM Post #15 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by 3X0 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
At prices this low, why not get both!?
evil_smiley.gif

Now you're just causing trouble!
evil_smiley.gif

JetAudio gladly cancelled my order so that I could purchase the A2, but recommended that I get the A3 instead (naturally). As it turns out, I ended up getting the 16GB D2 from them for $214.99.

After all, the D2 was #1 on my list of players to get, and I figured that if I'm about to fork over $200+ on a player, might as well go for the top one on my list.

So there you have it.

Can I just listen to my music now?
atsmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back