regards,
tony

Dec 1, 2004 at 5:46 PM Post #2 of 13
starting bid 8k omg.

Dec 1, 2004 at 6:21 PM Post #4 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by PYROTAK
starting bid 8k omg.

If it goes for $8,000 for this rig, it'd be a bargain versus what the normal price of how much these go for.

Dec 1, 2004 at 7:22 PM Post #7 of 13
Ah most tempting... However, everytime I think about purchasing an Orpheus I am reminded of Tuberoller's experience with his wife. Then I think about how to justify the purchase with my wife. Obfuscation would be the only way, and that would not work in the long run.

Dec 1, 2004 at 7:53 PM Post #8 of 13
SKR "Obfuscation would be the only way, and that would not work in the long run."

Ha! Reminds me of a funny story. I use to work at a High-End dealer. We carried Hales loudspeakers. We had a customer upgrade to the top model from one of the lower models. The speakers looked exactly the same, but were about 6” taller. When we delivered the speakers he had workmen there raising all of the artwork in the room by 6”. I never heard if the attempt at subterfuge worked. It was funnier than hell though.

Dec 1, 2004 at 7:55 PM Post #9 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Feanor
Come now, 2 feedbacks on the seller? I think only personal pickup would be a possibility...

That's exactly what I was thinking. There better be escrow arranged, because they live in the Netherlands. Notice: "Member since Nov-30-00 in Netherlands"

Tread carefully.

Dec 1, 2004 at 7:56 PM Post #10 of 13
the he90s are worth their price, but the hev90 so not necessary, especially with modern day elecrostat amps designed by kevin gilmore and what not readily available.

I actually liked the omega II's better, sue me ; )

Dec 1, 2004 at 8:44 PM Post #11 of 13
The seller posted an ad in the for sale forum.

Whether they are worth the $$$ or not is up to you, but with the KGSS the HE 90 sounds insanely transparent.
orphsmile.gif

Dec 1, 2004 at 10:10 PM Post #12 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by lindrone
If it goes for $8,000 for this rig, it'd be a bargain versus what the normal price of how much these go for.

I'd say Bill Gates would think its a bargain, I just think its b****y expensive!
eek.gif
Seriously we're talking nice car money here!
rolleyes.gif
That said if I ever won the lottery I'd probably buy them.
icon10.gif
That photo is the best photo I've seen of the orpheus system though, its really gorgeous, and I only usually use that word for nice ladies.
tongue.gif

Dec 1, 2004 at 10:12 PM Post #13 of 13
That starting bid actually was 10k at first, but he lowered it to 8k. Absolutely insane...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back