Heads up on a bargain amp for speakers and headphones
Mar 2, 2006 at 10:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

soundboy

Headphoneus Supremus
You can now get the TEAC A-1D stereo integrated amp for $175.00. Based upon a search I did at the "amp" forum, this looks like quite the bargain....probably on par with the Pioneer Elite A-35R. I just received the amp and this is quite a beast for a $175.00 amp....much bigger than my Cambridge Audio A500.

teac_integrated.jpg

Mar 2, 2006 at 10:45 PM Post #4 of 8
Sounds like quite a deal for speakers, but I bet the headphone out isn't much better than a CMOY (they rarely are).

Mar 5, 2006 at 12:34 AM Post #5 of 8
this is a very good amp, especially for the money. i second it!

but beware of the power ratings. i would say it's more like 15W for audiophile use. anything above that and distortion is like 10% or more.

Mar 5, 2006 at 10:35 PM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by fewtch
Sounds like quite a deal for speakers, but I bet the headphone out isn't much better than a CMOY (they rarely are).

Thats actually pretty good for a $175 Integrated Amp.
tongue.gif

Soundboy, what are you driving this amp with? How does it sound? It looks like a great bargain at its price.
biggrin.gif

Mar 6, 2006 at 6:52 AM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by cotdt
this is a very good amp, especially for the money. i second it!

but beware of the power ratings. i would say it's more like 15W for audiophile use. anything above that and distortion is like 10% or more.

I agree with this. Be cautious. Don't take the rating literally, unlike NAD, where they conservatively rate their amps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back