Heads-up: K701 for $319.99 shipped
Feb 21, 2006 at 11:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

applebook

1000+ Head-Fier
via UPS Ground within the States: http://www.tsto.com/cgi-bin/TSTO.sto...ddProduct/2479

k1000smile.gif

Feb 21, 2006 at 11:52 PM Post #2 of 16
Feb 22, 2006 at 1:35 AM Post #7 of 16
Yeah, Canadian people should forget about this deal. Go for TTVJ or Headroom who ship via Customs friendly shippers.

Feb 22, 2006 at 1:52 AM Post #8 of 16
Seems like that's going to be the street price. Makes me feel less bad about waiting too long to get the introductory price. Although, frankly, reports thus far make it seem like I wouldn't like them enough to spend the cash on them since I've already got HD650 which I love immensely.

If I win the lottery...
biggrin.gif

Feb 22, 2006 at 2:13 AM Post #9 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by applebook
Right, but Todd doesn't have it in-stock
wink.gif

Well as a word of caution, I would advise checking with this tsto.com place to make sure they actually have the phones in stock. Resellerratings.com only lists 3 reviews for this store, one of which talks about a horror story of waiting for something that was supposedly in stock but wasn't. Also, don't forget the thread about the Senn 580 nightmare people encountered when they ordered from Digitally Unique. I'm not saying that this place won't deliver as promised, but seeing as how the 701's are out of stock at so many places, the wise thing would be to verify they actually have it in stock.

Me, I'll just wait for Todd to get them in and let my credit card bill lighten up a little bit before getting heavy again!
tongue.gif

Feb 22, 2006 at 6:00 AM Post #11 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by monkuboy
Well as a word of caution, I would advise checking with this tsto.com place to make sure they actually have the phones in stock. Resellerratings.com only lists 3 reviews for this store, one of which talks about a horror story of waiting for something that was supposedly in stock but wasn't. Also, don't forget the thread about the Senn 580 nightmare people encountered when they ordered from Digitally Unique. I'm not saying that this place won't deliver as promised, but seeing as how the 701's are out of stock at so many places, the wise thing would be to verify they actually have it in stock.

Me, I'll just wait for Todd to get them in and let my credit card bill lighten up a little bit before getting heavy again!
tongue.gif

Boy, that was a nice catch!
tongue.gif
Thanks for looking out for the unwary, sometimes people concentrate too much on being penny wise, and end up dollar foolish.
rolleyes.gif

Feb 22, 2006 at 6:44 AM Post #12 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by dan_can
Anyone had experience with FedEx ground from us to canada? Any hidden charges? Thanks in advance.

Contact kin0kin about taxes
smily_headphones1.gif

Definitely can them before placing an order. Websites are notoriously unreliable sources of information, and e-stores are no less culpable.

Feb 22, 2006 at 1:55 PM Post #13 of 16
What? Are there "shippers" that are less honest about import duties? I never thought there would be a difference! Thanks for the heads-up...

Feb 22, 2006 at 3:01 PM Post #14 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by milkpowder
What? Are there "shippers" that are less honest about import duties? I never thought there would be a difference! Thanks for the heads-up...

Not less honest about the duties...there are some shippers who are just less honest about the costs required to ship and pay the duties up front for you! USPS to Canada for most items....$5 for the charge to handle the customs. You still pay the taxes, but the handling fee is $5 or so. UPS? FedEX? You are looking at $75+. That is the FEE.

Feb 23, 2006 at 5:39 PM Post #15 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by monkuboy

tongue.gif

I just bought a pair from them last night and everything went fine. I did get the last pair, though. The salesman said they were ordering more. You can always email or call to see if something is really in stock or not but the salesman says the website now reflects actual stock on hand and that the rating was from 3 years ago. I know this place has a presence on Audiogon and they have good feedback there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back