heads-up : IGN's iHP-120 review
Nov 4, 2003 at 10:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

austonia

Headphoneus Supremus
http://gear.ign.com/articles/457/457818p1.html

biggrin.gif

Nov 4, 2003 at 12:09 PM Post #2 of 20
Quote:

then the iHP-120 will paint a big, stupid grim across your face.

biggrin.gif

good news
600smile.gif

Nov 4, 2003 at 3:46 PM Post #3 of 20
9.5 ratings? Nice. Astonia, when is yours arriving? I still want to hear your thoughts. This review likes the joystick, but some other guys didn't. And, of course, the sound debate may linger on until 2010.

Nov 4, 2003 at 3:50 PM Post #4 of 20
Quote:

Originally posted by chadbang
9.5 ratings? Nice. Astonia, when is yours arriving? I still want to hear your thoughts. This review likes the joystick, but some other guys didn't. And, of course, the sound debate may linger on until 2010.

never. Ritz killed my order. dirty rats

Nov 4, 2003 at 4:26 PM Post #6 of 20
I just made 2 phone calls. One to ecost.com and the other to amatteroffax.com.

I initially got an ETA from ecost last week and they said the 4th and the 11th with 190 units comming. Now they're saying the ETA is on the 15th with 340 units on the way and "a few" on back order. The girl was most unhelpful and unplesant sounding...like she was NOT digging being there.

Now amatteroffax....wow. Very unprofessional sales person. He picks up the phone, doesn't say a word until I say...hello? Then all he says is "yes?" I'm sort of confused at this point but continue to speak as if he really worked there ... I asked about the item in question and he put me on hold, making me listen to some radio station commercial. You'd think that they'd have some info about THEM wouldn't you ? Anyway, he gets back on, and tells me in some mumbling jumbled almost incoherant way, (with a thick accent ta' boot) that he has no info on it. OH WELL.

Anyone have any experience with either of these vendors ? I'd like to hear first hand from you guys aside from resellerratings reviews.

Nov 4, 2003 at 4:30 PM Post #7 of 20
I ordered a pair of PX100s from ecost a few weeks back. I called them after I placed the order, and they were similarly unfriendly, but the service itself was fine. The headphones were packaged nicely, shipped (reasonably) quickly, and arrived without problems. With that said, I only dropped 35 bucks, and I'm weary/wary (?) about spending 350 dollars anywhere over the internet (as opposed to a b&m store)...but i'll probably order the ihp-120 from there later this month.

Nov 5, 2003 at 12:14 AM Post #8 of 20
damn u austonia, beat me to my post
tongue.gif
J/K

i just made a phone call to Ritz once again, this time they told me my item will ship within one week and it will ship directly from iRiver instead of Ritz's wareshouse

damn....ive been iHP-100-less for almost 3 weeks...i feel soo loney
i cant wait to meet my new baby "again"
tongue.gif

Nov 5, 2003 at 12:36 AM Post #9 of 20
Sweet- amatteroffax is ok; they have great prices and, from my experience, are basically honest. We buy a lot of equipment at work from them. But, they really suck at customer service. If you know what you want to buy, they're great. They prefer all their transactions be done via the internet; they don't like dealing with a customer over the phone.

Nov 5, 2003 at 1:01 AM Post #10 of 20
why is it called "amatteroffax" then?
shouldnt it be called "amatterofinternet"?
tongue.gif

Nov 5, 2003 at 1:23 AM Post #11 of 20
I think I missed when iRiver was this close to conquering the hard drive portable market, but a great review anyway. Thanks for the link.

Check out the language support:
Afrikaans, Albania, Basque, Byelorussian, Bulgarian, Catalan, Chinese (simple), Chinese (traditional), Croatia, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Estonian, Faeroese, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian. Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish, and Ukrainian.

Impressive.

Nov 5, 2003 at 1:31 AM Post #12 of 20
ya...i was totally stoned when i first got my iHP-100, went to the menu and click on languages "OMG!"

Nov 5, 2003 at 1:57 AM Post #13 of 20
Thanks for the heads up Rick. (you don't WORK for them now do you...?
very_evil_smiley.gif
)

I guess your office is in NJ then eh ? I'll order from them if they get it in around the same time as ecost because I live in the City, and it would prolly take less time to arrive as opposed to Ca.

Nov 5, 2003 at 3:25 AM Post #14 of 20
@blessingx
haha yeah i havent even heard of some of those languages like... Faeroese (where the hell do they speak that!?). haha actually iRiver doesnt really understand the difference between languages and character sets, cus i think most of these are just different character sets according to the iriver forums
@ProFingerSk8er..
thats kinda weird I emailed them today and they said they would get them at their wharehouse Nov 10th. they need to get their facts strait.. btw the guy who responded was named "Jack" for reference.

Nov 5, 2003 at 3:35 AM Post #15 of 20
jp, i think iRiver is talking about character sets, cauz i have some korean and chinese songs with korean titles, and there's no way it can display chinese or korean titles without a set of characters installed into the firmware

and i think Ritz is telling both of us the samething, because 10th is next monday, so it does qualify as "one week"
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back