Heads up! D-141 on ebay
Nov 7, 2003 at 11:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

PeterR

European Group Buy Coordinator
You know what I think about posting links to ebay auctions, but I really couldn't resist this one:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...category=19609

Here's a translation of the best parts:
Unique offer!!! You're bidding on a Discman by Sony. Model No. D-141 Compact Disc Compact Player. I bought this portable CD player for 799 DM [about 470$]. Only 1000 have been produced worldwide, so it's a rare collector's item. The Discman has a lot of features like:[...]
The Discman would certainly be interesting for collectors. My friend is also a collector and has already offered me 80 EUR for the player. But I'm selling the Discman on ebay because the bids will surely go over 80 EUR, as a lot of collectors who know what such a rare unit is worth will see the auction. As I'm a private seller, I can't give a 1-year warranty, so I have to sell it as defective (no returns), even though it works.

Sorry, but he will ship to Europe only...

Nov 8, 2003 at 12:35 AM Post #2 of 12
Hmm, a 7 day listing with no bids so far.

I wonder why.
evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

Nov 8, 2003 at 6:26 AM Post #6 of 12
WHOA!!! A rare D-141 on Ebay! Man, I just gotta get my hands on one of them! I think I'll email the seller and see if he wants to sell it to me behind the scenes!
biggrin.gif

Nov 8, 2003 at 9:08 AM Post #7 of 12
There were only 1000 made?

Wow... I feel real honoured to have one myself ~ Hey, i'm in need of cash, coming up to christmas and everything... would anyone like mine for $500 shipped?
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Nov 12, 2003 at 11:49 PM Post #10 of 12
My finger must have slipped typing in the number, it was 23.50 Euro, whatever that translates to in dollars. (I fixed my post, above)

He really should have taken his friend up on that 80Eur "offer"

Nov 13, 2003 at 4:04 PM Post #12 of 12
Quote:

Originally posted by warubozu
WHOA!!! A rare D-141 on Ebay! Man, I just gotta get my hands on one of them! I think I'll email the seller and see if he wants to sell it to me behind the scenes!
biggrin.gif

Ha. That would have been funny if someone had offered a behind-the-scenes deal for EUR100, and the seller turned it down believing that the auction would go through the roof.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back