Heads Up, CES / MacWorld Shure Launch
Jan 6, 2007 at 3:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Sugarfried

I-E-IEM Member of the Trade: SHURE
Hey All.

I'm just done packing for my upcoming trip to CES in Las Vegas, and as a final gesture I want to give you all a brief heads up that we have some very exciting things to announce (three, to be exact). I can't say specifically what they are tonight (no, it's not just new black soft foams), but there will be a press release at our website either tomorrow or Sunday night.

If anyone is heading to CES, please be sure to stop by the Shure booth and ask for Sugarfried, (AKA Matt) or turkishdelight (AKA John). We would be very happy to meet fellow head-fi'ers and give them demo's of our new stuff.

Sorry I can't give specifics, but it'll happen soon enough.

Hope to see you there,
-Matt

Jan 6, 2007 at 12:07 PM Post #2 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sugarfried /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hope to see you there,
-Matt

Thanks for the heads up, Matt/I'll be there Tuesday. I may bring a friend from B&H in tow
biggrin.gif

Jan 7, 2007 at 11:16 PM Post #7 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'll see you at your booth, Matt.
wink.gif

What times are you going to be there Monday and Tuesday?

-Ed

Pics if possible, please.
cool.gif

Jan 18, 2007 at 5:32 AM Post #9 of 11
Hmmm. Why is it that the Shure reps have food-related screen-names?

Interesting.
evil_smiley.gif

Jan 21, 2007 at 8:20 PM Post #10 of 11
I'm very interested to see how these new models will stack up to their E series counterparts. I've got the e3c and e5c's now, both of which I am extremely impressed with. However, people already told me I was nuts for spending $500 on the e5's, I might have a hard time justifying spending it again for what may just be more aesthetically pleasing black foam tips (which *crosses fingers* might even fit the E series) and minimal differences in sound (of course, if the differences in sound were not minimal, I would'nt have a hard time spending it at all
biggrin.gif
).

Jan 22, 2007 at 4:24 AM Post #11 of 11
Thanks to Matt for the opportunity to check out the new models yesterday at NAMM. I found the SE420's especially promising, with a sound that reminded me of the E5 while being a bit more balanced. The new design for the casing is quite a bit more comfortable than that of the E5, and looks a bit nicer to boot, especially in all-black. It's good to hear the old models aren't going anywhere either, especially the E4 which I think is a very nice and somewhat unique package.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back