Heads up: Altec Im616 $20 at ecost.com
Jun 26, 2008 at 6:19 PM Post #16 of 22
I just got this message:

"We have encountered a problem in processing your order #xxxxxxxx. This issue has made it necessary to CANCEL the item(s) listed below."

Damn. I was really interested in hearing these.

Jun 26, 2008 at 6:28 PM Post #17 of 22
Received an email that my order was cancelled. Called them and they said they were out of stock of that item at the promotional price. He said they have plenty of stock of the SAME ITEM at the regular 80 dollar price. Was told that there was a certain quantity they could sell at the promotional price. I told him that is crazy. Why would the transaction go through if they didn't have stock of it at the time. Sounds like they made a mistake and are trying to cover it. I am more bummed about this snake oil chanagans (is that a word-lol) than actually losing the deal. I do think it is wrong. When you make a purchase you make a purchase. Any business with credibility follows through! STAY AWAY FROM ECOST.COM. I have never complained to a customer service rep before so this must have really steamed me up.
smily_headphones1.gif

They suck. LOL

todd

Jun 26, 2008 at 6:34 PM Post #18 of 22
I got the same e-mail. I called, and was told my item was on back order.

I looked them up on resellerratings.com and I'm glad my order was cancelled. It's only $30 so I was willing to take the risk, but they have HORRIBLE ratings. Apparently this is nothing new for them. I wouldn't touch them with a ten foot pole after what I just read. Either way, I will be watching my CC to make sure I get my money back.

I knew it was too good to be true! I really was looking forward to hearing these as well. Guess I'll have to make another impulse buy on something more expensive.

Any ideas? UM1s to hold me over until the 3s come out? Good idea?

Jun 26, 2008 at 6:36 PM Post #19 of 22
Sorry about mentioning this deal. Just thought a business would do what a business should do. Practice good business. LOL It will come back to haunt them in the long run. It always does. Now back to my er4ps and some jazz.
smily_headphones1.gif

todd

Jun 26, 2008 at 7:14 PM Post #20 of 22
Wow, that stinks. eCost is on my blacklist for buying. I think I have purchased from them in the past, but no more.

Edit: Also, very weird about pricing on these phones. Not too long ago, I got them for $40 new in box at Amazon from a third-party seller. Now, the cheapest is like $70 plus shipping, but most $80+

Not sure why the prince for in these has gone so high. They are a very good IEM for the money, but why did they dip so low, and then have this comeback? Plus, they are no longer made. I should have held on to mine, I guess. Even the used pair on Amazon is $80+

Jun 26, 2008 at 9:11 PM Post #21 of 22
Maybe because of the reason you just mentioned ? They are no longer made , this means they´re limited and the seller can decide on which price he wants to sell these since he knows that some people buy these for even that price.
Marketing...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back