HeadRoom Website Testing!!!
Oct 2, 2001 at 7:59 PM Post #17 of 67
So basically any country that is not the US is currently denied, right? Hmm, what about Hawaii & Alaska?

Oct 2, 2001 at 9:35 PM Post #19 of 67
International Ordering...

The plan is for day one to only allow US (including Alaska and Hawaii) orders. Then as soon as we get all the shipping stuff figured out for International orders (hopefully in a couple days) worked out we will enable international orders as well. Thanks for the all the great feedback, keep it coming.....

Griffdog

Oct 2, 2001 at 9:46 PM Post #20 of 67
Quote:

Originally posted by MacDEF
Site's great, but one important design comment: none of your images use size tags. Size tags are a MUST in the img links, especially with a site like HeadRoom's which has 20-30 images per page. They tell the browser to "reserve space" for each image.

I have been working on adding those throughout the site. We use to be waiting for the image sizes to get standardized, but now I have just been slow at implementing them.

Oct 2, 2001 at 9:50 PM Post #21 of 67
Nice of you guys to give Head-fi props on the first page

Quote:

If after you’ve surfed around a little you think you still want more advice, or just another opinion, go to www.Head-Fi.org and get advice from the biggest community of headphone geeks in the world.

Oct 2, 2001 at 11:27 PM Post #23 of 67
Quote:

Originally posted by Budgie
The image of Amy needs to be bigger. Is she single?

heheheh. official headphone supermodel? I guess I'd be more of an Ivy fan. we're such nerds
biggrin.gif

anyway, I like the new site, ordering went fine. It'll be the only time I ever order an Orpheus
wink.gif

Oct 2, 2001 at 11:40 PM Post #24 of 67
Is anyone else having trouble reading the bars on the right? I lowered my resolution a notch (to 1024X768) and I am still having trouble reading them. At anything higher its imposible to read.

Other than that everything works fine. Checkout process went smoothly (even caught bad info I tried to enter on the registration screen), but I hope that the checkout is going to be encrypted, and if it already is it sure isn't showing up that way on my computer. Not that I'll ever be able to aford anything from yall, but at least I'll know the web page works
smily_headphones1.gif

Oh, and you need a custom 404 error message, something to the effect of "some say listening to headphones while designing web sites results in more 404 errors, looks like they were right."

Oct 3, 2001 at 12:22 AM Post #25 of 67
Jon & Budgie: You guys are just plain....sad.
wink.gif

I think the site is wonderful - all the lil quirks I've found so far have already been noted in this thread....way to go, HeadRoom
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 3, 2001 at 1:02 AM Post #27 of 67
Quote:

Originally posted by CaptBubba
I hope that the checkout is going to be encrypted, and if it already is it sure isn't showing up that way on my computer.

When we go live the shopping cart will be encrypted.

Quote:

Originally posted by CaptBubba
Oh, and you need a custom 404 error message, something to the effect of "some say listening to headphones while designing web sites results in more 404 errors, looks like they were right."

We have been planning to use a custom 404 page to capture all of the links from search engines (and forums like head-fi.org) that point to the old site and try and re-direct the user to the correct section/page in the new site.

Oct 3, 2001 at 1:38 AM Post #28 of 67
The new site is really nice, but I have one complaint: The navigation links on the left side of the page should be in their own frame. When I got done browsing through the headphone list and picking out everything that I wanted, I found it annoying to have to scroll all the way back up to the top of the page to click on the "Headphone Amplifier" section of the page.

I picked out everything I would order if I had enough money and it only came out to $24,000. Does that mean I don't get to count myself as an audiophile?
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 3, 2001 at 1:47 AM Post #30 of 67
Well...I don't know if there's a way to do it without frames, but that headphone page is long! I really think it's pretty standard to keep navigation links available as much of the time as possible. But then again, I'm not a web designer and there's a good reason for that. I definitely found it inconvenient to have to go back up to the top of the page, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back