headroom total airhead any good?
Aug 11, 2001 at 5:28 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

quackman

New Head-Fier
I want soemthign small enough to be portable soemtimes, but also good enough for use at home... the headroom total airhead at $150 seems to fit this description. on their website, they claim it can drive the sennheiser HD580's and 600's. I have the HD600.
I would liek to know if that amplifier, really can drive my headphones to sound good.
Is there a better choice?

Aug 11, 2001 at 6:52 AM Post #2 of 6
quackman,

I have a Total Airhead that I use with my HD-600's, and it drives them very well. The crossfeed circuit is also something I use (some people do, some don't), and it also gives the HD-600's extra body when activated which can be very nice at times.

I also have a couple of DIY cmoy/Hansen/Apheared-type amps built by one of the other Head-Fi members, designed especially for low-impedance phones like Grados and Sony phones. Though I like these DIY amps better with my Sony MDR-7506/V6's, the Total Airhead does drive the HD-600's better to my ears.

I use the Total Airhead both as a portable amp and as one of my office amps.

Aug 11, 2001 at 5:20 PM Post #3 of 6
Ok thanks then, I guess I will probably buy the total airhead. anyone else care to share their opinion?
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 11, 2001 at 10:13 PM Post #5 of 6
ok then.. I havent heard anything but good stuff about the total, so I guess I'll be buying it...

It takes 2 AA batteries right? how long do the duracell ultra batteries last in there?

Aug 12, 2001 at 4:39 AM Post #6 of 6
The Alkaline batteries lasts 15-18 hours. The best choice is to get NImh rechargeable 1600 to 1800 mah because their reliability ( they last about the same...)........ I have the Sanyos Nimh 1600 and ARE great!!
The more Mah you get the more your batteries will last.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back