Headroom Return Policy?
Jan 24, 2007 at 11:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Etrips

100+ Head-Fier
So I'm bashing my head against the wall in trying to figure out which cans I want to move onto next. Then I heard somewhere that Headroom has a 30day return policy, no questions asked? Is this correct? If this is true, I might just order some beyers and senns and do an A/B and return the one I don't want!

Jan 25, 2007 at 12:16 AM Post #2 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Headroom's Website
Your money is safe with us, we have a 30-day satisfaction guarantee. Our job isn't done until you get it right between your ears. If your purchase isn't just right, give us a call and we'll help you find something more suitable. Our salesmen (headphone geeks all) love to help people find just the right headphone stuff, and if we can't, we'll be glad to refund your money.

A better option for you rather than buying blind, listening and then returning what you don't like, would be to try and find a regional headphone meet that you could attend. Or try picking some up used, generally speaking the prices people ask here on Head-Fi are pretty fair and should limit your exposure.

Nate

Jan 25, 2007 at 12:37 AM Post #3 of 11
Er...their return policy isn't designed to be abused like that. Would you like it if you were running a store, someone came in, bought two items, and came back less than 30 days later for a refund, and now you have to absorb re-stocking fees and have to take a loss to sell b-stock? And have a heart man, HeadRoom is Head-Fi's biggest sponsor and proponent.

This is part of the reason why meets and Head-Fier swaps/loans/exchanges exist.

Jan 25, 2007 at 1:22 AM Post #4 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Asr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Er...their return policy isn't designed to be abused like that. Would you like it if you were running a store, someone came in, bought two items, and came back less than 30 days later for a refund, and now you have to absorb re-stocking fees and have to take a loss to sell b-stock? And have a heart man, HeadRoom is Head-Fi's biggest sponsor and proponent.

This is part of the reason why meets and Head-Fier swaps/loans/exchanges exist.

Well nice jumping to a conclusion about me, but let me reiterate myself. It would seem from how they advertise their return policy that this would be expected, no? Hence why I am asking about this return policy.

I have tried making a post asking about peoples advice on what type of phones to move onto next, and even tried doing research but I just cannot pin down on a set of headphones. Also I've tried to scour the FS/FT thread to look for the headphones I'm interested in, but by the time I find the post it's usually sold. So what to do?

Not trying to start a flame war, just trying to adjust your outlook on me.

Jan 25, 2007 at 2:37 AM Post #5 of 11
Okay, I'll weigh in. I don't think that the previous poster was trying to flame you and I'm definitely not. But you asked for advice...

Use of that method would be objectively abusive no matter how clean your heart. Therefore IMHO you should find a different way to test headphones.

Jan 25, 2007 at 3:15 AM Post #6 of 11
Actually, I think that is kind of the point of the HR return policy, right? If you feel guilty about it, just call and say you want to buy two headphones, A/B them, and return one. I've returned a couple of items to Headroom and never had even a tiny problem doing it, so I'm guessing they would be fine with it. After all, you are going to buy something from them, and there's even a small chance you would keep both
evil_smiley.gif

Jan 25, 2007 at 12:27 PM Post #7 of 11
Though the merchants return policy isn't intended for this purpose, what you may want to consider is looking at Headroom's B-Stock Inventory...and just be honest with them.

B-Stock is typically open or gently used products, which they may allow you to sample the sound. Headroom has been great to purchase from, simply give them a call.

Jan 25, 2007 at 8:33 PM Post #8 of 11
first post here...according to headroom's own website:

http://www.headphone.com/support/ord...oom/why-order/

Why Order from HeadRoom?

2. We GUARANTEE We'll Get it Right Between Your Ears!HeadRoom offers a 30 Day Guaranty to help you feel safe in purchasing with us. Buy an item, and if you don't like it, you can return it in 'as-new' condition to us within one month for a full refund. Really, it's that simple. No RMA neeeded!

open to interpretation?

Jan 25, 2007 at 9:45 PM Post #10 of 11
as awesome and convinient as the return policy might sound, I still dont think buying a few headphones and returning all of them except one is a good idea.

Although I completely agree with the justification for wanting to do so.

This makes me wonder if headroom or anybody else for that matter, should start shipping out B-stock/used headphones for auditioning (charging for shipping of course), state that you can test them out for a week or two and return them (the security would be to charge the person the price of the headphones if they fail to return in within 2 weeks). Once the person decides what they like, they can just keep the b stock one they like and return the rest, paying for the one they kept, or return all of them and buy a new one.

Dunno if they already do this, but I think it'll work.

Jan 25, 2007 at 9:51 PM Post #11 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by jilgiljongiljing /img/forum/go_quote.gif
as awesome and convinient as the return policy might sound, I still dont think buying a few headphones and returning all of them except one is a good idea.

Although I completely agree with the justification for wanting to do so.

This makes me wonder if headroom or anybody else for that matter, should start shipping out B-stock/used headphones for auditioning (charging for shipping of course), state that you can test them out for a week or two and return them (the security would be to charge the person the price of the headphones if they fail to return in within 2 weeks). Once the person decides what they like, they can just keep the b stock one they like and return the rest, paying for the one they kept, or return all of them and buy a new one.

Dunno if they already do this, but I think it'll work.

That would be an awesome idea. And they would already even be burned in when you test them!
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back