Headroom or TTVJ allow walk in's? Any shops in MT/ND?
May 9, 2010 at 4:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

racer_x124

100+ Head-Fier
I'm heading over to Missoula on the 26th and was wondering if either of these place would let me in just to look around. I'd like to experience a real high end system and look at the cool gear I will never own. lol

Headroom seems to be online only based on their site but I am not too sure about TTVJ? They have their address on the website so I would assume I could walk in there.

Also any other Shops in Montana/North Dakota I could check out?

May 12, 2010 at 8:31 PM Post #4 of 7
Head room said I could call them and set up and "appointment"
eek.gif
 that sounds cool but I'm new to all this and don't want to make a fool of myself.
Since this is such an official meeting I should probably buy something. Any suggestions?

May 13, 2010 at 12:57 AM Post #6 of 7

Quote:
Head room said I could call them and set up and "appointment"
eek.gif
 that sounds cool but I'm new to all this and don't want to make a fool of myself.
Since this is such an official meeting I should probably buy something. Any suggestions?

I don't think making an appointment and going in to see what there is out there, with your own ears(!) is foolish in any way. I think it would be foolish to pass up the opportunity. 

At the end of the day your ears are the ultimate judge, so who cares if you are new, who cares if you don't have a background in electrical engineering. While it helps to know basic things, it is not necessary.  Even if you didn't know anything people can appreciate a person that just wants to listen to high end stuff. Plus, they are above all sales people. It is their job to try and sell you something and if that means educating you a bit thats their duty. Thankfully they are some of the most knowledgeable people out there! Also, they might pressure you to buy something, or you might feel pressured anyways, but you are by no means obliged!

If I were you I would check out the mid range cans first, DT 880/990, K701, HD600/650, D2000. Then try one or two of them balanced (or all ^__^). Then go see how much of a difference there is with the HD 800, D7000, T1, PS1000. Might be hard to come to conclusions with so much to hear, but it would be fun nonetheless!

I hope you have fun and don't pass it up!

May 13, 2010 at 4:17 AM Post #7 of 7
Thanks for the support guys! There are a few phones I want to buy still (on the lower end), some that come to mind are the K240, SR60/SR80, and the C710. So I'm hoping they let me demo those.

I am REALLY excited to try out the high end stuff like the HD800's and the D7000's. I just really want to hear a high budget system and learn some new things. I feel like the guy who just got his first computer and is going to talk shop at Intel
eek.gif

Any tips on auditioning audio? I am going to call them in the coming days and see if I should bring my own source or phones to compare.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back