Headroom New TAH-Dell DJ (Dynamic Duo)
Dec 23, 2003 at 11:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Large4mat

100+ Head-Fier
I just received my Headroom New Total Airhead and immediately paired it with my Dell DJ that I purchased a few weeks back. Initial impression; This is not your father's Headroom. It is much less laid back than either my Max or 8 year old Supreme. Keep in mind that I only have about 2 hours burn in time, but I can tell you that it has a very strong bottom end and seems a little brighter on the top end than my other Headroom amps. I suspect that the top end will mellow out with a little time, but my first impression is that I love it! The soundstage is excellent. I've included a picture of the pair for you viewing pleasure with a more extensive review to follow after burn in. The mini to mini cable included with the TAH appears to be identical to the ER4s cable?????
Dynamic Duo.jpg

Dec 24, 2003 at 12:36 AM Post #2 of 4
Quote:

Originally posted by Large4mat
I just received my Headroom New Total Airhead and immediately paired it with my Dell DJ that I purchased a few weeks back. Initial impression; This is not your father's Headroom. It is much less laid back than either my Max or 8 year old Supreme. Keep in mind that I only have about 2 hours burn in time, but I can tell you that it has a very strong bottom end and seems a little brighter on the top end than my other Headroom amps. I suspect that the top end will mellow out with a little time, but my first impression is that I love it! The soundstage is excellent. I've included a picture of the pair for you viewing pleasure with a more extensive review to follow after burn in. The mini to mini cable included with the TAH appears to be identical to the ER4s cable?????
Dynamic Duo.jpg

nice pic. Keep snapping pics of the DJ for us
biggrin.gif
also, I've never seen that portable amp before - is it newer? Where is the volume control?

Dec 24, 2003 at 2:26 AM Post #4 of 4
The mini to mini looks like the Plastics One 3.5mm interconnect Headroom sells. Plastics One is a company specializing in plastic molding, so Etymotic might use the same company to do the molding (I agree, they both look like Plastics One plugs).

Man, that TAH looks great. I may have to sell my old one for a Total Bithead... (Headroom's new USB soundcard which can also be used as a standalone amp, astonia)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back