Headroom Micro DAC: My Double Dead on Arrival Review
Jul 23, 2009 at 12:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Geek

Headphoneus Supremus
Hey everyone,

I bought a headroom Micro DAC because I'm definitely bound to my computer as a source and really need to upgrade that... but it was dead on arrival, no power. I then stopped by and received a replacement. Again, no power.

I'll keep trying to get a working product... will visit them again tomorrow.

I'm a die hard headroom customer (they're in my home town and I own one of the old maxed out homes, great amp!) and will post a review when I get things straightened out. Hopefully I won't get a third DOA product!

Cheers,

Geek

Jul 23, 2009 at 12:34 AM Post #2 of 6
That's sad, but I love your sig. So true...

The HD650 is a canvas for limitless spending of money.

Also, can't you just drive over from Bozeman (I'm a former Montanan too, I need to get out there) to harass them?

Jul 23, 2009 at 1:21 AM Post #3 of 6
I find it hard to treat the HD650 as a $2,000 headphone when the HD800 is a $1,400 headphone.
wink.gif

Jul 23, 2009 at 2:37 AM Post #4 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by IPodPJ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I find it hard to treat the HD650 as a $2,000 headphone when the HD800 is a $1,400 headphone.
wink.gif

It actually makes some sense, hahah. By proportions, one would treat the HD 800 as a $7,777.78 headphone, and judging by some Head-Fiers equipment (Mine, more-and-more), I'd say that's about right.
biggrin.gif

NK

Jul 23, 2009 at 3:19 AM Post #5 of 6
just making sure here, but you know that USB does not power the Micro DAC right?

Just checking =)

I thought the samething too...so i brought my DAC and amp (TTVJ Portable Millett) with me to work the other day. Plugged it in and thought, DAMMIT.....had to run out and buy 2-9v batteries to get it running for the day.

If you are plugged into the DPS, Astrodyne or adapter...make sure the plugs are not bent and make sure the adapter works...sounds to me like its either this or what i posted above.

Let us know..goodluck.

BTW...you posted this in the wrong forum...i would of either A) Post this in the Headroom sponsored forum or B) Post this in the Source forum..

Jul 23, 2009 at 5:35 AM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick 214 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It actually makes some sense, hahah. By proportions, one would treat the HD 800 as a $7,777.78 headphone, and judging by some Head-Fiers equipment (Mine, more-and-more), I'd say that's about right.
biggrin.gif

NK

Well of course you need good gear behind the HD800. I'd say the same goes for the HD600. The HD650 I don't really care for so I wouldn't put anything behind it.
k701smile.gif

Can we get an HD800 smiley already?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back