Headroom Micro DAC mini to rca cable sound quality
Apr 10, 2009 at 2:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Sithuk

New Head-Fier
Hi guys,

I'm looking into a new amp at the moment and as it has RCA inputs I'll need a mini to RCA cable to connect with my Headroom Micro DAC. At the moment i'm running a mini to mini into my SuperMacro v3.

Is there any sound quality drop in running from a mini port to RCA inputs? Should I buy a new DAC which has RCA outputs? Sorry if this is a noob question but I've searched and I can't find an answer.

I'm looking at a WooAudio 6 or a Graham Slee Solo SRG amp, so it'll be good kit and I don't want to introduce a weak point. Incidentally, is the micro DAC considered a very good DAC?

I use HD600 cans with the Cardas cable upgrade.

Thanks,

Sithuk

Apr 10, 2009 at 5:47 PM Post #2 of 4
No. Don't worry.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 10, 2009 at 10:50 PM Post #3 of 4
QUOTE: I'm looking into a new amp at the moment and as it has RCA inputs I'll need a mini to RCA cable to connect with my Headroom Micro DAC. At the moment i'm running a mini to mini into my SuperMacro v3. QUOTE

I have the same Headroom Micro DAC (which I'm very satisfied with) and I purchased from Headroom a high-quality mini to RCA cable they sell just for this purpose, and it's quite reasonably priced.

Apr 11, 2009 at 2:03 PM Post #4 of 4
apatN and ascherjim: Thank you for your responses.

I'm not convinced on the need to spend $$$ on specific interconnects. I'll try and find a mini to RCA cable that is short (6" or so) and seems robustly made with gold plated terminations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back