HeadRoom Micro Amp + Micro DAC Package or HeadRoom Desktop Amp
Apr 12, 2012 at 11:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5
Hey I'm looking to get a new amp setup I'm not sure if I should get the Micro Dac/Amp Combo or just the Desktop Amp the 100 dollar price difference isn't really a factor I'm just not sure what way would be better to go.  I'm picking them up at a local Headphone Shop "Peach Budz" they have the combo in stock they would have to order the desktop amp in for me.

Thanks,

Bryan

Apr 13, 2012 at 2:00 PM Post #3 of 5
Then try the one they in stock, so if it's nice you can buy it right then and there. It's always better to try audio things with your own material be it CDs or headphones etc.. A mismatch is costly in posting fees when buying unseen.

Apr 13, 2012 at 2:19 PM Post #4 of 5
I have had my micro stack for 3 years and it has performed admirably.  It powers all my cans equally well.  You couldn't go wrong with either though.

Quote:
Hey I'm looking to get a new amp setup I'm not sure if I should get the Micro Dac/Amp Combo or just the Desktop Amp the 100 dollar price difference isn't really a factor I'm just not sure what way would be better to go.  I'm picking them up at a local Headphone Shop "Peach Budz" they have the combo in stock they would have to order the desktop amp in for me.

Thanks,

Bryan

Apr 13, 2012 at 8:36 PM Post #5 of 5
The headphones I would be using include:

Beyerdynamic DT990 (600 ohm)
Sennheiser HD 650
Grado PS 500

another amp I had considered from the headroom line is the

Portable Micro Amp with a built in dac

for the price though I imagine to include all together and give it batteries for less it must have some lower end components in it.

Bryan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back