Headroom Micro Amp and Headphone Limitations?
Aug 25, 2006 at 6:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

awu_gigabyte

New Head-Fier
I just recently got my micro amp, and now i'm saving. I'm thinking about the gs1000s or something in that league. I'm wondering, what can this amp power? I realize i'm probably not going to be able to run k1000s, but short of needing multiple watts, does this amp have to power for most any headphone?

Any replies are most appreciated.

Aug 25, 2006 at 6:33 PM Post #2 of 3
Quote:

Originally Posted by awu_gigabyte
I just recently got my micro amp, and now i'm saving. I'm thinking about the gs1000s or something in that league. I'm wondering, what can this amp power? I realize i'm probably not going to be able to run k1000s, but short of needing multiple watts, does this amp have to power for most any headphone?

Any replies are most appreciated.

Any dynamic headphone. It will put about 500mW into most loads, which is enough to fry many headphones.

Believe it or not, though it's not enough power to do it exceptionally, you'll get decent sound out of a K1000, and you'll get into the deafening range before it clips.

Aug 25, 2006 at 6:36 PM Post #3 of 3
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSloth
Any dynamic headphone. It will put about 500mW into most loads, which is enough to fry many headphones.

Believe it or not, though it's not enough power to do it exceptionally, you'll get decent sound out of a K1000, and you'll get into the deafening range before it clips.

That both surprises me and makes me very happy at the same time! Thanks!
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back