Headroom Maxxed Out Desktop Review - 6moons
Mar 21, 2006 at 3:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

recstar24

Can Jam '10 Organizer
Hey guys,

Forgot that I didn't post a link here. I finished this one up a while back, and thought I posted a link here.

http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/h...2/desktop.html

Stereophile just came out with their review of the exact same amp in the recent april edition. Its good to see headroom getting some nice publicity
biggrin.gif

Mar 21, 2006 at 4:19 AM Post #2 of 5
And even though it shreaks of publicity I have to say thank you so much for such a straight ahead, clear, and I think very even and fair review of our amp.

I especially apreciated your comments on our crossfeed. Your comments seemed spot on; especially with regards to bass notes. I've found the out of phase character o some bass notes to sound particularly wierd with headphones sans crossfeed. I've always thought you could feel a certain "breathing back and forth" character of some bass on headphones that doesn't seem to exist in the real world or on speakers that the crossfeed seems to fix rather nicely.

Anyway, I really can't say too much here except thanks, I apreciate the even handedness, candor, and overall accurateness (IMHO) of all your comments.

Mar 22, 2006 at 8:01 AM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSloth
Rockinout, I just looked at your sig slightly too briefly and thought, hey, you're the first head-fi'er to own a Balanced Max...

Wish List:, my friend, just a Wish List:
mad.gif
mad.gif
. . .
icon10.gif
icon10.gif
icon10.gif
icon10.gif

Anyway, TheSloth, thanks always for your informative posts and reviews and summaries on all things HeadRoom.

I like things simple (except for my Xin SM3
tongue.gif
).

I really like HeadRoom stuff and their website:

Simple, easy-to-use eye candy that just happens to sound good too. There's something to be said about ease-of-use and providing newbie friendly product information, reviews, and marketing.

Apple isn't perfect, but with the iPod they've opened up the world to the joys headphones. I think a lot of people, like me, came to Head-Fi directly from the iPod and MP3 player craze.

To me HeadRoom reminds me of the good aspects of Apple.

I'm a MicroDAC/laptop rig fanatic. Frantically raving about it almost as badly as I do with my most imperfect Apple, Inc. and His Jobness.

I'm so happy with my current rig that I'm not upgrading for quite a while. Thank you HeadRoom. The MicroDAC is simply awesome, and I want the whole world to share in my joys with it's size, price, flexibility, sound, and ease of use.

But when I'm ready I'm 90% sure I'm going to get the HeadRoom stuff on my WishList. The HeadRoom Max Amp/DAC just seems to meet all my needs and tastes. It's not a need (yes I know, Head-Fi blasphemy
icon10.gif
), but just something I want.

Again, thanks to TheSloth for always sharing with us his experiences and knowledge with all things HeadRoom. Your thorough reviews and posts have definitely helped me with my rig-building and wish list-building decisions.

Cheers
icon10.gif
icon10.gif
icon10.gif
icon10.gif
icon10.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back