HeadRoom Maxed Out Home Review
Oct 22, 2003 at 12:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Trawlerman

A British ingredient in our rockin' international gumbo.
Oct 22, 2003 at 5:35 PM Post #2 of 8
Maybe this should go elsewhere, but what I'd like to see from HeadRoom is an actual preamp w/ a good headphone stage (I mention this because this is what the reviewer suggests the Maxed out is good for) -- kind of like the Melos SHA line or amps. And the thing is, the circuitry might already be there, but if the case were a more conventional size and shape, it would be more enticing in this regard.

-d

Oct 22, 2003 at 7:00 PM Post #4 of 8
"Even the Maxed Out Home didn’t have enough oomph to fully drive the very demanding AKG K501 headphones -- the volume never quite reached the "loud" level, even with the gain and volume all the way up."

I'm thinking about getting a Maxed Out Home (or Max) after my next source upgrade. *Pivotal* would be its ability to drive the K-501, not to ear-splitting levels but at least with authority.

Anyone owning the MOH and the K-501s have comments on this reviewer's findings in this regard?

Thanks much,
--Chris

Oct 22, 2003 at 7:23 PM Post #5 of 8
The Maxed Out Home has plenty of power to drive the AKG K501. If you put a portable player on it as a source you may not get as much gain as you would like but with a standard line level output from a home cd player it will make the K501 sing!

Todd

Oct 22, 2003 at 10:19 PM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

Originally posted by Todd
The Maxed Out Home has plenty of power to drive the AKG K501. If you put a portable player on it as a source you may not get as much gain as you would like but with a standard line level output from a home cd player it will make the K501 sing!

Whew! That's a relief.

(Hey, I thought you didn't work for them anymore? tee hee hee
wink.gif
)

--Chris

Oct 23, 2003 at 12:51 AM Post #7 of 8
Yup. Are you now offering "un-official" tech support for Headroom Todd?
tongue.gif

Oct 23, 2003 at 1:27 AM Post #8 of 8
I guess - it was just like at school when you knew the answer the hand went right up - well I knew the answer to that one
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back