Headroom Little upgrade or Perreaux?
Jan 6, 2004 at 2:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

chrisczarra

100+ Head-Fier
I was thinking of ugrading my basic Headroom little with the More Power option. But I have been noticing the very favorable opinions of the Perreaux headphone amp. I use the HD600 as my primary headphone, the Grado SR-125 as backup. Anyone had experience with both of these, especially in extending the bass on the HD 600?

Jan 6, 2004 at 11:28 PM Post #2 of 11
Or perhaps there is someone who has upgraded from the little to little more power while using the sennheiser hd 580 or 600? I was really curious in what was the most noticable difference in sound.

Jan 7, 2004 at 4:37 AM Post #3 of 11
The other 'Little' upgrade option is getting the 'Premium' module rather than the power upgrade. 3 options now.
frown.gif

Jan 7, 2004 at 6:14 AM Post #4 of 11
chrisczarra,

According to many, Maxed out meta42 walk all over the Headroom Little. Given my experienced on the Perreaux and the Maxed Out META42, I would go ahead and get the Perreaux. The Perreaux is one of the best price/performance ratio in 350 dollars amp. To me, it sounds quite detail and rival my PPA. Although, my PPA sounds noticably better, but the Perreaux holds it own very well. I sold my maxed out META42 after owning the Perreaux for 2 weeks. Again, this is my opinion...and my rig was Sony CDP-XA20ES and CD3K and HD600. The Perreaux is ultrav vasatile given the 2 headphones output. Audio advisor also has 5 years warranty for it. The hum is fixed...so no worry there.

Jan 7, 2004 at 11:34 AM Post #5 of 11
Purk,
How is the tonal balance of the 600's with the Perreaux? With my basic Little, the sound is pretty articulate, but the bass is a little weak in the overall presentation. When I talked to headroom, the sales rep explained that the little more power would tighten up the bass, the modules would improve articulation, imaging, and transient response.

The More Power upgrade is $250.00, $100.00 less than the Perreaux. So if the Perreaux is substantially better, I might save up some extra money and go for it.

Are the two headphone jacks for different impedances?

Jan 7, 2004 at 12:47 PM Post #6 of 11
someone mentioned a sale price of $300 in an audio advisor e-mail newsletter or something...ya might wanna call them up or get on the online chat thing & ask for the discounted price...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back