HeadRoom Home versus D25S
Apr 22, 2002 at 4:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

robert

500+ Head-Fier
got to spend most of Saturday here in DilbertVille, so i gave into the need to hear The Dance (Fleetwood Mac) at solid rocket booster level. well, got to about 1 or 2 o'clock on the Home pot, the HD600's distorting like mad. hmm. so i switched to the headphone out of the D25S. got to about 8, just music; close enough to solid rocket booster for me.

now, the moral of the story is that i've been thinking about replacing the Home (1997 vintage) with the Max. so cool, and all. but not if the amp section is this bad.

anyone familiar with the old Home, new Max, and The Dance? is a 1997 Home not so great?

toodles,
robert

Apr 22, 2002 at 5:42 PM Post #2 of 4
Sounds like your Home is either in need of repair or your source is too hot and needs to be adjusted or attenuated. I'd call Headroom directly and ask about it--I woudln't assume this is normal behavior for the old Home.

Apr 22, 2002 at 8:09 PM Post #3 of 4
yeah, I'd call headroom. I hear that they can also tinker around with the old units and upgrade them so that they are pretty much like the newer ones? I don't know how much that would cost you though.

Driftwood

Users who are viewing this thread

Back