Headroom Desktop Portable Amp
Jan 26, 2007 at 3:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

jaisin

New Head-Fier
Today, My Headroom Desktop Portable Amp came in. All I can say is wow. I am going from unamped Grado 325i's and DT770 to a DAC and amp. I have a Mac Pro with an optical out, so I decided to run the optical to the amp. I can't believe I even ever listened without a DAC or amp.

Jan 27, 2007 at 12:37 AM Post #2 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by jaisin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Today, My Headroom Desktop Portable Amp came in. All I can say is wow. I am going from unamped Grado 325i's and DT770 to a DAC and amp. I have a Mac Pro with an optical out, so I decided to run the optical to the amp. I can't believe I even ever listened without a DAC or amp.

Sweet!

Keep us up to date on your experiences. I'd be interested in learning more about the sound of the amp - especially with your DT770.

Did you upgrade any modules, or did you go with the stock Desktop amp module and DAC module? Did you go for the separate power supply?

Enjoy your new amp!

Jan 27, 2007 at 12:56 AM Post #3 of 4
Congratulations jaisin. I'm interested to also know what modules you ordered in the amp.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 27, 2007 at 1:10 AM Post #4 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by luckybaer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sweet!

Keep us up to date on your experiences. I'd be interested in learning more about the sound of the amp - especially with your DT770.

Did you upgrade any modules, or did you go with the stock Desktop amp module and DAC module? Did you go for the separate power supply?

Enjoy your new amp!

I decided not to upgrade the modules because I figured that the default would be good enough for now. I've never had an amp before, so this is a huge improvement for me. I'll probably upgrade in the next six months to the power supply. I might also get the Home Module, but I don't think I really would notice the difference yet. I don't exactly understand how the separate power supply helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back