HeadRoom Cosmic (Reference Module) question!
Aug 18, 2002 at 7:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

tonyjang

New Head-Fier
I bought the HD-580’s a while back and I ended up returning them. Now I’m looking to purchase the HD-600’s and HeadRoom Cosmic (Reference Module.) Are there any cheaper Head-amps than the Cosmic with the reference module? Does anyone know how the Cosmic (Reference Module) compares to the HeadRoom Maxed Out Home (Dual Input/Loop Out) or anything cheaper? My main reason for wanting the Cosmic is because it’s the cheapest Head-amp I see at HeadRoom with the Reference Module. I doubt I’ll ever use it as a portable amp though. I’m a student so I definitely want to get the best bang for my buck. I’m going to pick up the Cardas Cable (from what I’ve been reading, the HD-600 without cable upgrades is like “oops I craped my pants.” Sill can’t decide between 10 and 20ft Cardas. I like the idea of a long cable but 250$ for cable upgrade seems rather silly. Is this just ridiculous? Should I just buy the HD-580’s again and save myself the cost of a Kidney? Any words of wisdom, advice would be appreciated.

One last thing, is it just me or does it seem like HeadRoom has some kind of evil monopoly in the world of high end head-gear? :wink: I wish there was another place online to pick up HeadRoom gear and Cardas cables. Would probably be like 30% cheaper! But yea, what do I know.

evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
evil_smiley.gif

Aug 18, 2002 at 7:15 PM Post #2 of 3
Ughh one correction I bought the 590's and returned them...

Should I just buy the HD-590’s again and save myself the cost of a Kidney? Any words of wisdom, advice would be appreciated.

Aug 18, 2002 at 8:14 PM Post #3 of 3
Hmm. When you say the stock 600s are like "oops I crapped myself," what do you mean? Both the 580s and 600s are fine phones in their own right. Also, do you have your heart set on the reference module? I would personally get a Maxed out Home. .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back