Headroom bithead question
Aug 12, 2006 at 12:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

donunus

Headphoneus Supremus
Just wondering if there is some kind of wall plug to usb adapter that will work with the bithead so that I can use wall power with it. Something like those that come with daps like the zen micro

Aug 12, 2006 at 7:26 PM Post #4 of 14
Since the bithead can be charged via the computers usb, couldn't you use like a 4g ipod charger, which is basically a usb port with 5v of power? Or when the usb is plugged in, the other inputs don't work?

Aug 12, 2006 at 8:00 PM Post #5 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by awu_gigabyte
Since the bithead can be charged via the computers usb, couldn't you use like a 4g ipod charger, which is basically a usb port with 5v of power? Or when the usb is plugged in, the other inputs don't work?

It can't be charged with usb; it can be powered by usb. If you use battery power, you have to use an external charger (or disposables).

Aug 13, 2006 at 1:01 AM Post #6 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by awu_gigabyte

Basically this was my question. I don't need it to charge though, just to be powered by the wall plug to usb thing like the ipod/zen micro and whatever other dacs type of plug

Aug 14, 2006 at 8:08 AM Post #8 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by ComfyCan
It can't be charged with usb; it can be powered by usb. If you use battery power, you have to use an external charger (or disposables).

Sorry, powered is what i meant, not charged.

Aug 15, 2006 at 9:51 AM Post #9 of 14
ok, still no reply to the original question. Again will a plug like the zen micros coming from the wall to the usb input of the bithead work. and where can we buy these?

Aug 15, 2006 at 1:59 PM Post #12 of 14
I thought I'd try the same thing. Unfortunately it won't work. Headroom posted in a thread a while back that the USB i/f needs to handshake with the PC for the device to accept power from the usb port. Just providing the dc there isn't enough.

DDF

Aug 15, 2006 at 2:53 PM Post #13 of 14
Hello,

You cannot power the BitHead from a wall adaptor with USB plug. The BitHead needs to be hooked up to a computer in order to receive power.

Thanks,
Jamey

Aug 15, 2006 at 6:58 PM Post #14 of 14
ok thx case closed
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back