Headpone amp ?
Jan 29, 2024 at 11:17 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

majestic13770

New Head-Fier
Good evening everyone.

I'm planning to get a tube amp that will work well in synergy with the 2 headphones that I own, and I'm turning to you because I won't really be able to listen with my headphones.
So for those who were able to listen to some of them, if you could give me feedback it would help me in my future choice.

As for headphones, I have a Hifiman HE1000 stealth and a MEZE Ampyrean.
Currently I have a transistor amp (Ferrum oor + Hypsos) which I am happy with but the tube attracts me :DD.

In my list there are:

Feliks audio Euforia evo
Auris audio HA2 se+
Pathos aurium
Cayin HA 3A
Cayin HA 6A
Trafomatic head 2

That's about what fits into my budget.
If you have other suggestions I am also very happy to hear them :)

Many thanks in advance.

Jan 29, 2024 at 3:43 PM Post #2 of 7
Good evening everyone.

I'm planning to get a tube amp that will work well in synergy with the 2 headphones that I own, and I'm turning to you because I won't really be able to listen with my headphones.
So for those who were able to listen to some of them, if you could give me feedback it would help me in my future choice.

As for headphones, I have a Hifiman HE1000 stealth and a MEZE Ampyrean.
Currently I have a transistor amp (Ferrum oor + Hypsos) which I am happy with but the tube attracts me :DD.

In my list there are:

Feliks audio Euforia evo
Auris audio HA2 se+
Pathos aurium
Cayin HA 3A
Cayin HA 6A
Trafomatic head 2

That's about what fits into my budget.
If you have other suggestions I am also very happy to hear them :)

Many thanks in advance.
Feliks and Auris are always a good choice and I've good experiences with Cayin. Haven't heard of the other two, but I'm sure whatever you pick will work well with your HEK and Empy.

Jan 29, 2024 at 10:42 PM Post #3 of 7
Feliks and Auris are always a good choice and I've good experiences with Cayin. Haven't heard of the other two, but I'm sure whatever you pick will work well with your HEK and Empy.
Pathos and Trafomatic are both very highly rated and respected.

Jan 29, 2024 at 10:44 PM Post #4 of 7
Jan 29, 2024 at 10:46 PM Post #5 of 7
Jan 30, 2024 at 12:53 PM Post #6 of 7
Thank you all very much for your feedback.
But there is one little thing that could change the situation, because I am receiving a Focal Utopia 2022 at the end of the week, so I will also have to count on an amp that matches well with it.
I still have some reading to do :gs1000smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back