Headphones With Max
Nov 24, 2002 at 8:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

lextek

Headphoneus Supremus
Looking for some options for headphones to use with a Headroom Max. I already have Senheisser HD600's w?Cardas and 4P/S

Nov 24, 2002 at 6:59 PM Post #2 of 9
Quote:

Originally posted by lextek
Looking for some options for headphones to use with a Headroom Max. I already have Senheisser HD600's w?Cardas and 4P/S

Outbid someone on a Grado HP-1 or buy a DT880 and review it for us.
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 24, 2002 at 9:56 PM Post #5 of 9
I have a MOH and I like grados with this amp period. You get speed and punchy dynamics a cut above the other SSamps I have heard. It is a clear and powerful combination with the current grados; 225/rs2,in my case. And it is smooth but revealing with my older grados; sr100/200. Pick a grado that fits your budget and give one a try. Grado rs2s, in particular, are much more potent as the max tightens the bass and seems to give them more speed and drive.

Nov 24, 2002 at 10:48 PM Post #6 of 9
Quote:

Originally posted by Kelly

Outbid someone on a Grado HP-1....

Oh yeah...HP-1 + Max =
biggrin.gif

Nov 24, 2002 at 10:58 PM Post #7 of 9
Quote:

Originally posted by JMT
Oh yeah...HP-1 + Max =
biggrin.gif

I spent a bit of time with an HP-2 and Max at the last Dallas meet and it was nice. I ended up not having as much time as I'd liked due to needing to dedicate time to the R10. Some day I'd still like to do an in home Max audition... if Tyll isn't too upset with me.

Nov 24, 2002 at 11:49 PM Post #9 of 9
Quote:

Originally posted by KR...
What have you done now?
redface.gif

It was an "in general", KR. It seems like someone's always mad at me for something or another. Typically I deserve it too--that's the worst part.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back