Headphones with excellent positioning
Mar 12, 2008 at 6:22 PM Post #16 of 29
@ wanderman: my hardware configuration can cope very well with the old 1.6 engine.
4gigs of ram,E2140@3GHz,8600GT Sonic+(o/c) and i'm using a Viewsonic Vx922.
Also Logitech Mx518 and Steelseries Qck. Only thing missing are the cans
tongue.gif

@ supermoo: some have the opinion that setting the output to 2/2.1 for the X-Fi is better then that CMSS3D.

Mar 12, 2008 at 7:31 PM Post #17 of 29
Yes, I set my output settings to 2.0/2.1 for the X-Fi but ALSO have the CMSS3D enabled and in-game 5.1 enabled. It makes for a very convincing soundstage and accurate positioning.

Mar 12, 2008 at 7:37 PM Post #18 of 29
Answering to the question about the K601's isolation,I have to say that they don't isolate at all.You'll hear everything which is not subdued by the game sounds or the music.That's why they sound so damn good! They are among the very best headphones that I've tried.And comfy,too,at the level of HD595(which by the way are terrific for games and movies,but not satisfying for music).

Mar 12, 2008 at 8:13 PM Post #19 of 29
5.1 sound cannot compare to headphones. They just cannot. Every elite gamer I know of employs headphones. The sensitivity, accuracy, and immediate response cannot be matched with freestanding speakers.

Mar 13, 2008 at 9:56 AM Post #21 of 29
mustrotate and supermoo: can you guys link to any forum discussions on 2.0/2.1 in windows creating a better soundstage for gaming? If you want, you can pm me...I've been trying to find something on this for a while now
tongue.gif

Mustrotate, I have the ATH-AD500's and like them alot for gaming. I'll have the DT880's on friday...I can give you my impressions on them for gaming if you wanna wait till then
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 13, 2008 at 5:06 PM Post #23 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by wanderman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
do you play in any leagues. Top10 in servers doesn't tell me much. A new graphics card and a crt monitor at 100hz will give you a bigger boost then new headphones.

just by the statement, you can tell he's bad
tongue.gif

he checks his rank in public servers

Mar 13, 2008 at 5:15 PM Post #24 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by RasmusseN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
tongue.gif

Some of us get bored waiting for the newbs to kill each other off at the end of a round.
biggrin.gif
And there are a few pubs out there that are highly competitive and rather skilled, too.

Mar 13, 2008 at 5:24 PM Post #25 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cry Havoc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Some of us get bored waiting for the newbs to kill each other off at the end of a round.
biggrin.gif
And there are a few pubs out there that are highly competitive and rather skilled, too.

trust me, the "highly competitive and rather skilled" players in those pubs are nothing compared to teams in leagues.

Mar 13, 2008 at 5:32 PM Post #26 of 29
Quote:

trust me, the "highly competitive and rather skilled" players in those pubs are nothing compared to teams in leagues.

Oh really? What about the players who are in CAL and on serious teams in leagues, and play on a pub for fun or to slay with their friends who aren't on the team?

You make it sound like just because someone's in a pub, they suck. You are more than welcome to come show off your skills on the pub I frequent. I go by the same name there as here, although I won't be playing until much later today.

66.225.195.106:27017

Mar 13, 2008 at 6:28 PM Post #27 of 29
Quote:

tongue.gif

I do not check my rank, the top10 things was a general impression because i'm usually in the top fraggers on the server.
And no, i'm not playing it "competitive" if that means clans&stuff because i have a job and that tends to keep me busy from 8 to 17. That job keeps feeding my appetite for high-end stuff.
RasmusseN usually the guys in teams end up fcuking their life really good by spending their learning years gaming.
So 14-16-18-20-22-24 passes for them real fast and usually they tend to get mediocre jobs.
I game just for relaxation and i'm not that into the "omg he killed me now what" or angry german kid like behavior.

Mar 13, 2008 at 6:54 PM Post #28 of 29
Quote:

ehh? I pub CS:S with a bunch of CAL-M and better players, all of whom are accomplished players. They spend much of their free time chilling in a couple public servers. Not to mention, many players, like myself, used to be in those teams until we couldn't continue to dedicate the time needed. Does that mean i suddenly became a worse player now that i no longer play CAL and just pub?

Mar 13, 2008 at 6:55 PM Post #29 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by MustRotate /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I do not check my rank, the top10 things was a general impression because i'm usually in the top fraggers on the server.
And no, i'm not playing it "competitive" if that means clans&stuff because i have a job and that tends to keep me busy from 8 to 17. That job keeps feeding my appetite for high-end stuff.
RasmusseN usually the guys in teams end up fcuking their life really good by spending their learning years gaming.
So 14-16-18-20-22-24 passes for them real fast and usually they tend to get mediocre jobs.
I game just for relaxation and i'm not that into the "omg he killed me now what" or angry german kid like behavior.

I used to CAL it up. Was on a team that did more than held it's own.

Then I realized that playing Counterstrike for 5+ hours a day is not a life. Who gives a crap if I end up with a 40 and 6 record by the end of the map if I continually berate myself for not being 50 and 1? Hypercompetitive teams always end up caring only about the W-L record, not the incredible fun of the game.

I might go back into a league at some point, but it won't be super-serious. I'd rather just have fun slaying and still have free time to pursue life in the real world.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back