Headphones with decent isolation
Mar 6, 2006 at 1:06 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

quahog123

New Head-Fier
Can someone recommend me headphones with decent isolation within the $150-$250 price range? I'll probably use them primarily for listening to music and gaming. I don't care what type of headphones they are (closed, in-ear, etc.).

I personally don't mind being able to hear outside noises, but I don't want to bother those around me.

Thanks.
biggrin.gif

Mar 6, 2006 at 3:55 AM Post #2 of 8
There's a whole bunch of headphones in this range that don't leak any sound. I can think of dozens right off the top of my head. This is a pretty comprehensive list (it's missing Audio Technica and Sony products):

Sealed headphones at Headroom

You'll have to be more specific about the sort of sound you're looking for, your music, and your source or amp. I suggest reading the reviews for the headphones in the link above.

FWIW, the Audio Technica a900 is commonly recommended as a sealed headphone for gaming and all-around music; it doesn't isolate much, but doesn't leak anything either. It's available at Audiocubes:

A900 at Audiocubes

Mar 6, 2006 at 5:13 AM Post #3 of 8
Gaming and isolation? A900s seconded as you can see.

Mar 6, 2006 at 6:04 AM Post #4 of 8
Bose QC2 or Triport
What, he didn't say anything about quality
tongue.gif

Mar 6, 2006 at 7:14 AM Post #5 of 8
Thanks for the links and suggestions so far.

I don't have an amp and I'm planning on getting a Creative X-Fi XtremeMusic. I might also use them with an mp3 player. I listen to all sorts of music, but mostly rock and hip-hop.

Mar 6, 2006 at 7:59 AM Post #6 of 8
the AT a900's sound like a good bet for you, especially if you don't plan on using the headphones on a commute. if you're commuting, the Sennheiser HD 25-1's will excel. i've played only a few games with them, wasn't too bad but it wasn't nearly as good as playing with my 595's. the a900's are reported to be even better for gaming.

Mar 7, 2006 at 1:38 AM Post #7 of 8
HD 280 Pro

Great isolation, comfortable (for me) phones, very decent sound (burn-in necessary).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back