Headphones with 2.5mm plug?
May 17, 2006 at 8:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

stormuk

Head-Fier
OK o learned ones.
Does any one know of a headphone -NOT IN EAR or Clip on that is reasonable quality that comes with a 2.5mm plug as std.
The reason is I have been given a MP3 player without any phones at all. It is the same thickness as an IPOD nano but has a 2.5mm socket and the only adaptors to 3.5mm that I have seen are horrendously bulky.
I don't want to change the plug on an existing set because I dislike soldering that small a plug, plus I would then need an adaptor to use them elsewhere.
Other option would be a small patch lead like my Cardas HPI so it could be used to the head unit in the car.

May 17, 2006 at 8:16 PM Post #2 of 9
Sennheiser MM30's, I bought a pair for my Sanyo MM9000 cell phone. They sound great, not PX100 great but close. Plus it was the only good ones I could find. I think they also make the MM40's? but I cant find them online anywhere.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16826106022

May 17, 2006 at 10:25 PM Post #5 of 9
This adaptor might work. I have one for my Treo, and it is definitely less bulky than the one linked to above:

http://www.seidioonline.com/index.as...PROD&ProdID=94

ada_tr650.jpg

May 18, 2006 at 8:23 PM Post #7 of 9
how about those smartphones that have mic contacts implemented in their 2.5 mm plugs like my imate k-jam? Are there any cheap adapters that let me use a standard stereo phone (like my KSC 35) with my cell phone, bypassing the mic? I have asked this before elsewhere, and been told to order at verizon or other cell phone shops, but I am hopful to source such an adapter for less than 20 US$ .Any ideas?

May 20, 2006 at 9:00 PM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by mattigol
how about those smartphones that have mic contacts implemented in their 2.5 mm plugs like my imate k-jam? Are there any cheap adapters that let me use a standard stereo phone (like my KSC 35) with my cell phone, bypassing the mic? I have asked this before elsewhere, and been told to order at verizon or other cell phone shops, but I am hopful to source such an adapter for less than 20 US$ .Any ideas?

call cingular stores in your area - some have them for $5. depending on your phone, most use a 4 pin 2.5mm connection, which means the adapter would have 3 black stripes on that end (the Radio Shack ones won't work, and that 2 in inch straight plug IS unwieldy, especially if the socket is on the side of the phone).

there are a lot of them cheap on ebay also. search - 2.5 3.5mm adapter, and make sure the one you get has 3 stripes on the male end. these and the cingular ones are not bulky at all, just a 4 in (or so) extension to the headphone cable.

May 20, 2006 at 9:01 PM Post #9 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by mattigol

call cingular stores in your area - some have them for $5. depending on your phone, most use a 4 pin 2.5mm connection, which means the adapter would have 3 black stripes on that end (the Radio Shack ones won't work, and that 2 in inch straight plug IS unwieldy, especially if the socket is on the side of the phone).

there are a lot of them cheap on ebay also. search - 2.5 3.5mm adapter, and make sure the one you get has 3 stripes on the male end. these and the cingular ones are not bulky at all, just a 4 in (or so) extension to the headphone cable.

I found one at a cingular store and now i'm listening to KSC-35s on my phone (until I get the CK7s).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back