Headphones vs. In-ears: Which has more bass?
Jan 31, 2013 at 1:25 PM Post #2 of 7
IEM's are more keen to bass definition,
but nothing beats the big dynamic punch of a full sized headphone
dt880smile.png

Jan 31, 2013 at 2:09 PM Post #4 of 7
Its hard to find in ear headphones that have more bass than a full sized headphones, your just not going to get the same quality of bass even if you can hear it better through the in ear headphones, if you compared a crappy headphone set to a super expensive in ear set, well chances are the in ears are better. But if you compare the same priced headphones to in ears, your almost ALWAYS going to find better quality punchy bass in the full sized headphones

Jan 31, 2013 at 2:26 PM Post #5 of 7
A good question. My most-listened-to phones are Senn HD-800 and Shure E5s. Both have excellent bass definition and extension, but one thing I've noticed about the E5s is that the bass is extremely sensitive to the fit in my ears. In fact, with normal positioning the bass is relatively subdued. I sometimes find myself physically pushing them a little inwards (gently) with both hands, and when I do, the bass response is increased dramatically.

Jan 31, 2013 at 2:34 PM Post #6 of 7
well yes, thats what spurred the question. I noticed that if you get a really nice, tight seal on your in ears, the bass response is really nice. I'm looking right now at the beyerdynamic custom one pros vs. the senn cx 300 enhanced bass. also, does anyone know how the senns compare to beats? in terms of bass, of course

Users who are viewing this thread

Back